More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I'm a Framin' Fool!

Well, I have just spent my entire evening framing! Last night I went out and got my miter trimmer, Sunday I got my miter vice as a b-day gift. I now have all the tools to frame!

The first piece I framed was by Taekwon-Do Black Belt Certificate. Its been stashed in a cupboard for at least two years now, so its about time I got around to it I suppose. Originally it was supposed to be double matted but I made a beginners mistake and cut the opening to the same size as the outer dimensions of the certificate. That's right... it fell right through. So instead of cutting two mats over again I just cut one mat and made it a triple! Overall size is 23 5/8 x 15 3/4.

Taekwon-Do Black Belt Certificate

The next project was "The School Letter", I swear this has been the doomed project. When I initially cut the frame back during March Break it just wouldn't go together properly! No matter how I tried, no matter how the instructor in framing class tried! So tonight I started over. Still I had problems! I had a nail bend I had to pull it out, and so on. But, its DONE! Final dimensions are 11 1/2 x 11 triple matted.

School Letter

I'm pooped, I'm off to bed!

No comments: