More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, September 10, 2005

SBQ, and One Hell Of A Week!!

Q :Which way do you stitch (/// and then \\\ or \\\ and then ///)? Can you (or if you haven't done it before, do you think you could) change the way that you stitch temporarily if it is asked of you?

A : Hmmm well I stitch /// then
\\\. Could I change the way that I stitch temporarily, I don't think so. I've been stitching for over 8 years hard core now (though I've known how to stitch for 16 years) and I don't even think about stitch direction at this point. I think its also very unfair for someone to ask you to change your stitching methods as well. Even if it is for a Round Robin or some other project, I think that's part of the charm of a round robin, everyone's stitching styles are showcased. If I really had to I probably could but I'd probably sprain a brain cell or something because I'd be constantly thinking about it.

What a week I've had! It was the first week of school which is always quite intense, and tiring. I don't get the summer off but going from less than 10 people in the building to 16,000 (including all staff) is quite a change.

Wednesday I had my aspirin Challenge at the hospital... the good news, I am not allergic to aspirin! Yay, which means I can start taking my favorite medication for Migraines! So if you're a Migraine sufferer and live in the US or a Canadian that travels to the US pick up a bottle of Excedrin for Migraine (not available for sale in Canada) and give it a try! Most times I can take two Excedirn and I don't have to take my heavy duty, and expensive Migraine meds. But I was there until after 5 PM. It was a very long afternoon and from there it took me over an hour to get home since the test was at a hospital across town. I got home to a message that didn't make me happy and I had to leave again... I'm not going to go into details about what happened, needless to say I did what I had to do, and the issue has been resolved. But I wasn't a happy camper, I didn't get dinner until 9:30 and didn't get home until after 10 PM. Poor Todd, he had to put up with my nasty mood as well.

The only stitching I got done on Wednesday was a good chunk on Fire & Ice, my travel project while I was at the hospital for HOURS!

Thursday I had a meeting after work with my co-chair for my Guild's (OVGS) needlework show. I got home after 5 PM... had dinner... watched Coronation Street and was in bed shortly after 8 PM. I was exhausted after the last couple of days. I didn't stitch at all!!!

I didn't get to stitch yesterday either! I did my grocery run after work, Christin and I always go out for dinner after shopping. Then I went home, unpacked the car, took a nap for about an hour before getting ready to go to a TKD fundraiser for my buddy Jason who went to Australia for the World Championships earlier this summer and a end of year party. I had a great time, quite a few drinks... I'm a wee bit hung over!

Today I'm hoping to stitch A LOT! Todd has taken my car and gone finishing so I'm stuck here at home. Oh dear.

Off to catch up on my online BB's and such before I'm going to start to stitch.

No comments: