More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thank You For the B-Day Wishes


Finally I can share with you the piece Edith stitched for me a couple of years ago which I turned into a pillow. Edith was put to rest yesterday and from all reports she had a fantastic send-off. I wish I could of been there.

Well if it wasn't for the flowers from the ladies at work and the ice cream cake, yesterday would of been an average day.

When Todd got home last night he asked me what was for dinner (typical male). I told him I wasn't making dinner. So he proceeded to sit down with the cookies I made on Sunday and munched on those for about 10 minutes. Then the light suddenly went on. He tells me that now he knows why I wasn't making dinner. He was a good boy and asked me where I wanted to go for dinner.

I asked for Todd to take me to the Thru-Way, where we had the Fettuchini Alfredo with chicken (as far as I'm concerned theirs is the best). When it came time to pay the bill, Todd's debit card wouldn't work! So, I ended up paying for my own Birthday dinner. He's told me I have to wait until the end of next week for my gift. Ho, hum.

Its been suggested I do a little stash shopping for myself, but I'm just not "in the mood". LOL can you believe that?

To top things off I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a little congested. Lets hope this cold doesn't go any further!!!

The rest of my week is going to be crazy busy so I might not blog again until the weekend.

7 comments:

Jenn L in Chicago said...

That pillow is absolutely beautiful. Such a lovely remembrance of our dear Sunshine Lady.

And :cluex4 to Todd... LOL

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Aww geez, Dani, I meant to stop by with birthday wishes.....darn my forgetful ways. I'm glad you coworkers got you some goodies! And I'm with Jenn on the :cluex4 for Todd... LOL

That pillow is lovely. What a great way to remember Edith!

Von said...

Lol! Poor Todd is just a little slow on the uptake. It'll be interesting to hear about his gift. :D
It's good you have such a lovely reminder of your friend.

Carol said...

How did I miss this?? Happy belated birthday Dani!!

Lisa said...

Awww Cyber Birthday hugs to you. I've enjoyed your tutorials on finishing pieces. I think I actually found them by typing in finishing crossstitch in the searh engine, which is ironic because I read this group of stitching blogs (a few every day) weekly. Anyway, it sucks when your birthday is a little flat. I can tell you a couple of clueless hubby stories (but he meant well lol). Anyway, happy birthday!

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! I've had a few birthdays like you described ugh LOL. Just wanted to say the pillow you shared is beautiful, I love the autumn colors!
Hope you didn't end up getting sick, this time of year seems bad with the changes in weather. Hurry up spring!