More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, March 09, 2015

A Long Awaited Stitchy Post - WIP Wednesday A Day Early

Have you missed my WIP Wednesday posts?  Have you missed my stitching... have you missed me?

The week leading up to this year's DR Experience trip was beyond hectic!  I was trying to get so much done before I left.  Not just my home life, but my work life, and of course the kids! I should of gotten stitching pictures up last week, but well there's recovering from said trip.


 I don't get a lot of stitching done during my DR Trips, but I did have a new start that I worked on during my flights.  I did more stitching during my return flight than I did on the way down.  That might of had something to do with the fact that I had to be up before 3am to be at the airport for 4am!  My new travel project (not to be confused with purse project) is Ink Circles, Cirque Des Carreaux.  Like the previous two in the series I've stitched this one is also on 32ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean, the floss is ThreadWorx "foxy".  This project will be getting A LOT of needle time this Saturday, while I fly down to Yuma, Arizona for my March Break trip to visit Kathy!  I've got about 12 hours of travel time between flights and layovers, lots of stitching time!  We've got a trip to The Attic planned, I can't wait!

Green + White
by Bent Creek
Stitched on: 32ct white lugana
Stitched with WDW & Crescent Colours

Before I left I had a little happy dance!  Its another seasonal small, this time for St. Patrick's Day.  Of course there's no time to actually get it finished finished to be on display in time for this years St. Paddy's Day.

Heart Of Flake
Freebie by Madame la Fée
Stitched on 32ct Raging Storm Belfast Linen
Stitched with ThreadWorx 1124

After my return I had another happy dance, this piece is my February ornament which I started shortly before leaving for the DR.  I want to try to get back to stitching at least one ornament a month.  Besides this sudden need I have this year to stitch seasonal smalls.  I quite like this little heart I stitched up.


Before I picked The Accolade back up upon my return, I put a few stitches into Michael Powell's Mini River Cottage.  As usual his pieces are so enjoyable to stitch!  The only reason I decided to pick this up is because I couldn't get fabric sorted for my March ornament so I kinda gave up for a bit.  I wasn't feeling an ornament at the time anyhow.  I finally got my ornament sorted today, you'll see it in a near future post.


I'm sure you're dying to see how The Accolade is coming along, slowly but surely.  I've found myself more distracted than focused in the last week and a half.  I hope when all of my travel is done, I'll be able to buckle down and happy dance this BAP!

23 comments:

Sylvia said...

Dani, I hope your trip to the DR went well and that you have a great time in Arizona. I love both your smalls. Your travel Ink Circles piece is a lovely design and I look forward to seeing the next update. I agree that Michael Powell pieces are fun to stitch. I have never seen this one before and look forward to seeing the finished piece. As for Accolade, I am waiting with bated breath and pom poms in hand to cheer you at the finish line. It has been a long journey but you have done a beautiful job on it. Congrats on all your progress.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how long it took to do the drapery.

Love the new Cirque.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how long it took to do the drapery.

Love the new Cirque.

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice start on the Ink Circles piece! I really like your ornament stitches as well. Know you will enjoy your upcoming trip to Arizona to see your stitching friend.

Robin in Virginia

Barb said...

All your WIPS are looking great. It also looks like with a bit of effort you could finish "The Accolade" What a huge project that has been. It is amazing and I give you lots of credit for taking on such a big project.

sharine said...

All are great and getting so close on The Accolade:)

Brigitte said...

Awww, so many lovely WIPs. And there are some finishes, too, congratulations on managing this while travelling so much.
Have fun in Arizona.

Miamina said...

Wow, that is a lot of progress! Well done :) I hope you enjoyed your trip, even if it was a busy and hectic!

I love Ink Circles designs, they lend themselves so well to hand dyed fabrics and threads.

The Accolade isn't going anywhere, you stitch on whatever it is you feel happiest stitching on. It'll get finished, just in your own time :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two lovely ornies and Cirque is looking great.
I'm so envious of you via going Kathy, have a really great time.
Accolade is inching closer to completion now, very exciting!

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Green+White and Heart of Flake are so cool.
I hope the DR experience was a good one. Can't wait to see a picture or two.
Yes, you were missed. :)

Lana said...

Love all your WIPs!!! And I'm dusting off my dancing shoes so I will be ready to happy dance with you!! That finish on accolade is SO close!! Go Dani! Go Dani!

D1-D2 said...

Beautiful start on your cirque des carreaux. I honestly didn't feel like you were gone, since I follow you on Instagram. You had lovely pictures to share with us of DR.

Carol said...

So glad you enjoyed your DR trip, Dani--I'm sure it was a great feeling to participate in something so rewarding... Lovely stitching projects and I so look forward to your completion of The Accolade!

Have a great trip to AZ and The Attic :)

Christine said...

Lovely stitching Dani

Anne said...

Your stitching is wonderful DAni!! I did actually enjoy "coming" with you on your DR trip on IG!! It was fascinating to see!

Anonymous said...

Dani, all of your stitch projects look fantastic. I love the new Ink Circles project. The colors are lovely. You really are in the home stretch of Accolade. I know you will be thrilled with the finish.

Linda said...

I have missed your stitching updates Dani. Congrats on the cute finishes. Love your Michael Powell. I do want to get back to mine. Would you be interested in selling the chart when your done? The Accolade looks great and your almost done.

Linda

Barbi said...

Great stitching, but I can relate regarding the big piece. I find that if I have something coming up that is going to take away time from it...it's easier to work on smaller pieces and then come back when I know I can spend dedicated time with it.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching Dani, well done.

Justine said...

Great stitching! I love your new start and those smalls are very pretty. Accolade looks closer and closer - well done on sticking with it!

Lulu said...

Congrats on the finishes and I always look forward to seeing your progress on The Acolade :)

stitcherw said...

I'll enjoy watching your new Ink Circles piece grow, their Cirque pieces are so unique and lovely. Fun finish of Green & White and Flake too. Love the Michael Powell piece, his designs are so colorful and fun, they make you smile to look at them. Hope you have fun in Arizona and the weather is nice for your visit.
Sue

Marexstitch said...

Love all the stitching goodness pics!