More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, April 01, 2005

Fob-O-Rama

Last night I sat down and put together six more scissor fobs. Its been a little while since I've made any. Five of the six were ordered by
Knowledge and Needles to be sold (if you like something you see feel free to e-mail the owner to purchase one). One of them (with the cat charm) is for my good friend Beth who I am going to visit tomorrow.

These are the fobs that are for sale :










This is the one for Beth :


I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Christin and I will be driving down to Kingston to check out the local needlework guild's merchant mart. First we'll be meeting up with Beth then going to the mart where our friends Ann and Vicki have booths. We're hoping to "be polite" as Beth and I like to put it (spend a little money) also check out the other vendors there. After the mart closes Beth, Christin, Vicki and I will be getting together for what promises to be another excellent home cooked meal by Beth! I love my Kingston visits.

Now on the stitching front... Wedding Sampler has been coming along quickly now. The sprays of flowers are filling in quite nicely. I am predicting that I'll finish it by the end of April. Which would be perfect because in May I'll be starting a stitch along with Katrina the Kiwi we've agreed to work on Celtic Band Sampler by Homespun Elegance together! I can't wait! I know a number of stitchers who have had great fun with an overseas SAL partner. Katrina are you ready??? I've got my fabric chosen, Queen Ann's Lace Joblean from Wichelt. I've also been making some progress on my travel project, Mini Cottages II by Michael Powell. But soon I'll have to put that aside to stitch my ornament for the month.

Speaking of ornaments I should get off my butt and order the supplies for the ornament round robin I'm in that will be starting on May 1st. I want make sure there's time to get in all the bits and pieces. Janice at Traditional Stitches... you'll be hearing from me soon, so watch out!

Well its almost time to get to bed, since I've got a wee bit of a road trip tomorrow!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hi Dani, hope you have fun with your friends - look forward to hearing all about any stash purchases, lol.

and yes, I'm ready for our SAL - I did a floss toss the other day and have decided to go with a piece of Kiwi (funny that!) coloured fabric by Countrystitch. Roll on 1st May!