25 Most Asked Stitching Questions:
I saw this on Renee's Blog and lifted it because I thought they were neat questions.
1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
I was 13 when I first started to stitch. I re-discovered stitching when I was 21 in 1997.
2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
My Mum, she ahem, I mean Santa put a small cross stitch kit of a calico cat in my stocking when I was 13. My Mum showed me how to cross stitch.
3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
I wasn't really inspired when I was 13. I thought it was neat but didn't stick with it for very long. However in 1997 I was unemployed for 3 months (or between library contracts) and once the resumes are all out the day is pretty empty. I found a project I had started when I was 13 in the back of the closet I pull that out, finished it and the rest was history! I was hooked!
4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
Peacock Tapestry by Teresa Wentzler for its sheer size, blends and confetti stitching.
5. Do you have friends that stitch?
Yes because I corrupted my best friends and taught them all how to stitch. I've also made some awesome stitching friends via online communities such as the TWBB and Needle and Thread
6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
Its a tough call between Peacock tapestry and Mystery VI (or Indian Summer Reflections) from Chatelaine.
7. What is your favorite fabric?
Ahh that's easy, Jubilee!!!! Too bad it doesn't come in that many colors (thank goodness for hand dyed fabrics).
8. What is your favorite fiber?
Gloriana Silks! Its sooo soft!
9. What is your favorite needle?
10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Black and white please.
11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
2 Noah's Submarine by Stoney Creek and Celic Band Sampler by Homespun Samplar.
12. How many UFO's do you have at this time?
1, Celtic Banner by Butternut Road
13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
Too many to count! I'm a serious chart collector!
14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
Qutie a bit I suppose but not as much as Carol (LOL)
15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
In my living room, on the couch under my Ott Lite.
16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
Any time of day as long as I'm stitching is a good time of day!
17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
My guess is too many to count! Getting near or over 100 if you count all the small projects and ornaments.
18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
Yes I do form time to time but only to those who are worthy.
19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
Hmmmm this may be a long list...
DMC (complete set)
Vikki Clayton Silks
Silk N' Colors
rainbow Galleries treasure braid, fuzzy stuff, wisper, splendor
I'm sure I've forgotten some too!
20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
At least 5. My two pairs of Dovos are my favorite!
21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames...etc)?
Just an Ott Lite, well actually I have 2 one is the floor model and that lives by the couch, I also have the table top one when at home its on the computer desk but I take it with me when I'm traveling.
22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
Once again this can be best answered with : too many to count!
23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
Of course! That was the deal when we bought the house he could have the basement I got a room upstairs for my stash and computer!
24. Why do you stitch?
I think its because deep down inside it placates the OCD tendencies I have buried somewhere.
25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
In 2002 when I drove all the way to a town south of Boston (10hrs per way) to meet Hannelore who was over from the UK. We spent an amazing week together. I'm hoping to get to visit her in the UK next summer!