More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, May 08, 2006

Get Stuffed Canada Post!!!!

Sometimes I really hate the postal system!!!!

Today after work I went up to the General Store to mail the latest round in the Ornament RR I'm in. The only difference this time is that the envelope a bubble envelope the same size as a sheet of paper had supplies for two different ornaments, not just one. The envelope was fat but not heavy.

Normally I only send one ornament at a time and it is thin enough to go letter post. From Canada to the U.K. that usually runs me about 8 bucks. Like I said this time it was fat. To send two ornaments it cost me 30 BUCKS!!!!

Absolutely freakin' INSANE. How do they get off charging 3o dollars for an envelope with a couple of pieces of fabric and some thread!!!!

AAAARRRRGHHH! I sent it anyhow, because I had to. It might of been cheaper to re-package them and sent them separately.

GET STUFFED CANADA POST!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

sounds pretty outrageous to me too Dani, how stink! Post from NZ to anywhere overseas has gone up considerably over the past few months making posting gifts, etc a very expensive thing to do, even when you think the parcel is very light it still costs heaps!!

Bastet said...

I'm glad I don't have your postal system. Just sending a few squares over to england hasn't even cost me $4.00 yet. The last bit I sent was 6 7X7 squares and it wasn't even three dollars. And I send them in the bubble envelopes since I don't trust the water.

Carol said...

Oh no! I will never, ever complain about the US Postal Service again! That would have cost me about $4 to ship to the UK.... I wish I could just send your stuff for you!!! Stop me, please, if you ever see me complaining about our postal service - this post made me appreciate them a bit more! (I just saw Amanda quotes the same price... wonder if we could work something out or not...)

Karin said...

I feel your pain Dani - I sent 3 parcels, each identical in small bubble wrap mailers - the one's to the states were ~
$5 each (which is outrageous, but whatever), and the one to Canada was $9!! To the next province over even! The one's to the states were going much further, out of the country and cost less - figure that one out :)

Anonymous said...

Dani,

I think they ripped you off!! That is the parcel rate and the envelope should still have qualified for small packet air if it was close to letter size.

Even a 10 x 13 inch envelope would have to have a thickness of 12 inches to exceed the 90 cm maximum l x h x w!!

~Pam