More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, September 01, 2008

Kathy's Labour Day Stitchy Weekend Report

Wow! What a fantastic weekend, for friends, for stitching, for the weather, and for TOO MUCH food (mmmm weigh in might not be good tomorrow I didn't track a single point all weekend)!!!

Sadly Thursday night I received a phone call from Judy, she wasn't able to join us for the weekend due to a family emergency. Judy you were talked about (don't worry in a good light), you were missed and we're all looking forward to meeting you in the near future!!!

Friday after work Christin (thank you for helping the ladies at work all day!) and I loaded into my poor little car (I think I've put on 6,000 KM since the end of July) and set off to Kathy's place on the shores of Lake Ontario outside of Brighton, Ontario. I pulled up to Kathy's happy to see that Beatrice's car was already there. We were warmly welcomed and not too long after arriving Kathy had a nice dinner ready for the four of us. It didn't take us long to get stitching, since I was soooo tired I pulled out Paradigm Lost, it was about the only project I was capable of focusing on. We stitched late into the night.



Kathy showing off her gift! Look familiar?

Before lunch on Saturday the gang started to arrive!

Here's Saturday's group shot... not the best unfortunately I didn't take the lighting into account, but we so wanted the lake in the background.

Front : Nan, Judy, Angie, Lynn, Me
Middle : Beatrice, Ann, Barb, Kathy
Back : Christin
Christin
Nan
Lunch and dinner were both pot luck, and once again we stitched late into the night. Spending the night on Saturday were Lynn, Christin, and I.

Beatrice

Ann


Me with hat head (thank for taking this Beatrice)

Lynn and Kathy

The Turkey I found while out for a walk.
Sunday once again, before lunch some people showed up for a second day of stitching, and some new faces.

Here's Sunday's group... a much better picture this time!

Front : Me, Lynn, Adriana, Kathy, Rebbecca
Back : Ann, Christin, Beatrice, Angie, Barb, Judy, Sharon


Here's a picture of me and Adriana, who was recently featured as Thea Duek's stitcher of the week.

Judy and Barb

Rebbecca

On Sunday I couldn't quite settle on what I was working on... I worked on Paradigm Lost, a week bit of Pomegranates and Pears, a little on Blackstone Fantasy Garden, and two ornaments (they match).

Sadly this morning Christin and I had to head back home... I wish Kathy lived much closer!!!

21 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What lovely photos Dani. Thank you so much. it was indeed a great weekend. And thank you for all your dish duty. You did a fabulous job. Sorry, hon but I'm not moving. Give up that view - not likely LOL

Mylene said...

WOW! seems everyone enjoyed the get-together. Thanks for sharing all your pictures. They are great.

Julie said...

A perfect weekend - great pics, i think i need to move house LOL

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous get-together! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time, lots of nice stichy progress, seems everyone has their stitchy mojo going at the moment!

Erica said...

What a great group you have! Wish I could have been there!

Beatrice said...

It sure was great to see everyone. I'm so lucky to know all of you and to have Kathy around for "some" of the time!
Beautiful photo's!!

Unknown said...

I gave your blog an award. Visit me at http://medievalneedle.blogspot.com for details.

Von said...

Dani, what a wonderful weekend! I imagined myself stitching with you all in the sunshine and enjoying the lovely views. :D

Brigitte said...

Great pictures of a great weekend. I loved seeing all those stitchers whose blogs I visit when I have time. Thanks for sharing.

Lelia said...

Beautiful pictures. Thx for sharing. Looks like everybody had a GREAT time.

Stunning needlework projects!

Rebel In Ontario said...

So, we did it, four weekends in a row! It was wonderful seeing you and you took great photos as usual. Hope to see you soon!

Michele said...

what fun!! I want that deck and those chairs and that view of the water .. heaven :)

Ruth said...

Oh wow! What an adventure. I especially love the turkey. lol Maybe he was showing up for dinner. :)

I love that picture of the chairs at sunset. Absolutely beautiful.

Congrats on the great stithcing too.

Karen said...

Wow, that looks like it was an amazing time in a beautiful setting!!!

Sally said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic time Dani!

samplerlover said...

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time. What amazing photo's.
Looks as if Judy lives in an amazing place. Lucky girl. - Sandra.

Lucy said...

Looks like an awesome time!!!!

Erica said...

All of you girls look like you had so much fun!
I wish I could be there too!

Stitchingranny said...

just so behind with blogging - lol nothing new there. I am so glad you all had a wonderful weekend. You wish Kathy lived closer - lol so do I a weekend of good company and such a beautiful place to relax and stitch - what more could anyone want.

Carolien said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Adriana!!!

Greetings, Carolien