More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Its Been Days and Days!

Hello BBSW readers! Its been far too long since I've blogged! First of all, I wasn't near a computer Friday-Monday afternoon, and I'm pooped!!!
Let's get down to immediate business. Despite a terrible migraine I wanted to get my weigh in at Weight Watchers over and done with. Just as long as I had been away from the computer I hadn't tracked either. Good news, I stayed the same again which was the best I could hope for after the last 5-6 days. I also have barely stitched since Friday so I'll save a stocking update for another day.
Wednesday after work I headed back down to Brighton! Ann was in Toronto helping out Dan's Dad for a few days, Dan and I met up with Beatrice and her husband for a nice dinner in Trenton. The rest of the evening I spent working on Todd's stocking.

Originally we were going to head out to the Holstein Rodeo on Thursday but since Ann was returning that day and was tried after being away for a few days we postponed our departure for Friday. That morning while Dan was at work I took Paddie and Molly for a walk in the nearby orchard. I followed that up with a brief run on the treadmill. Beatrice came over with lunch for the two of us. We had a great visit and stitched for awhile. I was hoping to put in a long evening of stitching, but for some strange reason I was pooped and it was early to bed for this girl!


Friday morning we all loaded into the motor home, dogs and all and hit the road for Holstein! I have to say travelling in a motor home is great, you can go pee any time you want to!!! I was able to stitch for a good 3-4 hours during the drive.
Here's the Rodeo site from the air... all those white rectangles... trailers and lots of them there were at least 600-700 sites booked for the weekend! I think there was more than 6,000 people in attencance, on Saturday they served 4,000 breakfasts and about just as many steaks that night! We were told they were serving one steak every 5 seconds!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday I barely had time to breathe or stop! Once we got the 50/50 ticket booth set up I spent 3-5 hours each day running the stands/bleachers at the Rodeo selling tickets! Thank goodness we had a beautiful weekend, with nice temperatures and sunny days ideal for running around!
Friday night's entertainment was Deric Rattan (now I'm not a Country Music fan so these names mean very little to me).

Saturday after dinner I was treated to a helicopter ride! The pilot was great, he offered to do the photographic tour for me... I told him I wanted the exciting ride! Boy what fun I had up there in the air!!!



Saturday night's entertainment was Beverly Mahood followed by the Road Hammers. I was so exhausted that despite being camped behind the stage I fell asleep to the VERY loud Road Hammers!
Sunday was our last day at the rodeo, and we didn't get back to Ann & Dan's until almost midnight. We got the basics out of the motor home, took showers, and all fell into bed! What an adventure! I had a great time, got some good shots, but boy it was exhausting. Hungry did come along for the road trip, but unfortunately the poor guy never got out of my stitching bag!
Here's some of my shots (when I had the time) from the Rodeo.
Waiting to ride the bull.
Look at that air!
*Cough* *Cough* Dusty!
Whoa Boy!
Yeee-Hawww!
Hang in there!
These guys are CRAZY!!!
What's a rodeo without a few boys on horseback?
What a face!!!
There's nothing more majestic than running horses.
Calf roping.
Perhaps Hungry will put in an appearance this weekend in Kingston! Christin and I are off to visit her parents for the weekend, followed with stitching at Beth's!

25 comments:

Devon said...

Wow Dani,,,what a weekend,,what great pictures you got to,,love the air shots...glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing with us...

Olga said...

Sounds like you had a great time and your pictures are very pretty and dynamic. But ... poor bulls...

Christine said...

Wow, that was quite a weekend. Thanks for showing us the pictures

AnnMcD said...

Great shots Dani!
We were soooo tired on Monday, it was an early night. It was great helping out Bill and the Optimists!

Sally said...

Wow what a fantastic weekend!

Sue said...

Great photos! The colors are so clear and bright.

You are my weight loss inspiration, so don't be so hard on yourself. I rejoined WW awhile back and you are one I think of when I want to give up. Your progress has been wondeful, it's so tough and I well understand how hard it is.

Take care.

tkdquintmom said...

That looks like a great time!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, hon what a weekend! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Great photo shoot too!!
See you soon

Julie said...

Great pictures! Wonderful time, I love those types of events. Congrats on having stayed the same.

claudia said...

How fun!!! Great pictures. The helicopter ride must have been thrilling!

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely pics!! Looks you had a great time!

I have an award for you too!!! Go take a look at my blog for it please.

Carolyn NC said...

Your photos are fantastic - looks like you all had a blast! Keep us posted on your next trip!

Von said...

What a wild weekend, Dani! Loads of fun!!
Traveling with an RV is a great experience, one benefit being the on-board potty. Another I enjoy is stopping at a pretty wayside along the road to have lunch or a bit of a rest.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Looks exciting and lots of fun. Those aerial shots are amazing. Hope you can rest a little before the next weekend trip. CJ ok;-)

Andrea said...

Wow, great shots Dani.

Mary said...

I am glad you had a great time at the Rodeo. I love all the pictures you took. The horse picture with the lip turned up is priceless. The pictures look like you were really close. You must have an awesome lense. :-)

Wanda said...

wow!! No wonder you were so tired!! But what fun!! Seeing your beautiful pictures makes me want to go to a rodeo!

Jo said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time - thanks for sharing your photos - stunning!

Hope you manage to share a WIP photo with us before your next trip!

Julie said...

A super action packed weekend, thanks for sharing your pics Dani, its looks so exciting

Karan said...

Fantastic action shots there Dani - certainly catches the excitement. Not surprised you were shattered, it wore me out just reading about it all. LOL :0)

Katri said...

Wow, great pictures! It must have been a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, looks like you all had one heck of a weekend!

Beatrice said...

Wow what a great batch of pictures. I'm so glad you had a good time!!!!

Stitcher said...

Looks like a great trip, and congrats on the WW, I'm enjoying your progress, I need to lose some.

Cindy F. said...

WOWEE!! Another exciting weekend!
Girl, you do NOT live a boring life!!
Great pics!!!