More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Frrrreeeedoooom!

Today at 3 pm I officially started my holidays!  I have been looking forward to some time off of work.  For quite awhile my plans were up in the air, also I didn't really want to nail myself down.  Now I've got two busy weeks ahead of me!

Wedding Row - Bent Creek

Saturday evening I have a wedding to go to, one of my long time TKD buddies is tying the knot.  Today I started the process of framing the wedding sampler I've stitched for him and his bride.

Monday I'll be packing up my stuff and my stitching and heading back up to Georgian Bay to visit Sheila.  She hosted our June get together, this time I'm going for a visit just her and I!  So I'm looking forward to lots of stitching, relaxing, some nice walks/runs, and time out on the water. 

My second week, it looks like I'll be spending a couple of days with my Mum in Quebec City.  After having a small taste of it back in 2000 I knew I wanted to go back.  Quite a few of my friends and family have been recently and its helped us narrow down this year's destination fairly easily.


Where I've had the time this week I have been working away on Celestial Dragon, its still not done!  I spent Saturday and Sunday finishing up the backstitching of the dragon, the scales on the dragon, and couching gold braid on the border.  I'm now working on the backstitch netting, I've almost completed all the purple netting but there's still blue netting to go in and a LOT of beads!  There's a lot of stuff to do tomorrow, so I'll try to get in as much stitching as possible but probably not as much as I'd like!


I have been stitching where I can this week, but it has as

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the wedding and at your Mom's. I'm sure you'll get some stitching done during your break.

CD just gets more and more beautiful!

Patty C. said...

Have fun at the wedding
Your sampler looks lovely :)

Angela said...

My Mom stitched that BC Wedding Row for my Sister's Wedding last year and I love that one too! I really want to stitch one for myself as I don't have one. CD looks gorgeous and I can see all your work, wow! Have fun on your travels :) Do you ever make it out to Toronto?

Meadows08 said...

CD looks so "done" in pictures! I can only imagine how stunning it'll look with all the details!

Lesleyanne said...

Have a lovely time on your travels. Your CD looks beautiful.

Erna said...

Enjoy your holiday...have fun..lovely sampler

Carolyn NC said...

Have fun on your holiday! Stitching still looks awesome, too!

Vinniey said...

Have a great holiday, Dani. I love your Celestial Dragon, especially the both chinese words "Virtue" and “Wisdom" at the bottom. :)

Brigitte said...

Your plans for your vacation sound great. And I bet there will be be some stitching involved.
The Dragon already looks fantastic.

Cath said...

Hope you have a great holiday . looking forward to seeing the wedding sampler framed . CD is looking great .

Christine said...

Your dragon is stunning. Great finish on the wedding sampler too, looking forward to seeing it framed.
Enjoy your holiday

Wendy said...

wauw, your dragon looks great !
the back stitching and beading must be a lot of work I´m sure, but it looks so good !
I love the colors, you can take great pride in this work !

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

CD is awesome, and your on the final stretch, oh how I would have fun framing that one... and it would look nice in my living room. lol woooops, there I go typing out loud again... I can't wait to see what you do to the Wedding Row for Saturday, sure hope your supplier had something for you. Have fun at the wedding and then on your stay at Georgian Bay.
Be always in stitches.

Giovanna said...

CD is just stunning! So close now! Have fun at the wedding.

Lainey said...

Have fun at the wedding and with all your other holiday plans.
CD is such a stunning piece, good luck with the last bits.

Annie said...

Enjoy your time off. The stitching on CD looks so perfect in that close up!

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Have fun at the wedding and CD is really amazing, very nice work Dani!

Kathy A. said...

Enjoy your holidays! My dragon is looking amazing.
I'm off to the cottage today. Home Aug 9.

Donna said...

Have fun and enjoy your holidays. CD is just fabulous!

Bette said...

That's a lot of backstitching. But it's looking beautiful. Have a great tim eon your break. It sounds like you have lots of fun lined up.

Sara said...

Have a great time on your trip! CD is just gorgeous, the BS and beads will be worth it.

Karen said...

It's been agaes since I've been to Quebec City! I hope you enjoy your trip. It is such a great place to visit.

There are no words great enough to describe CD! This is definitely an heirloom piece! Unbelievable the amount of time and dedication you have put into it and it is so close to being done!

Edgar said...

Have a great couple of weeks off. CD is just gorgeous and coming along so nicely!!

jane said...

Enjoy your time off Dani, your trips sound great!. CD is looking great, look forward to seeing it completed

Carol said...

Enjoy your break, Dani--sounds like you have lots of fun times planned. Your dragon is so amazing--I know I would never have the patience for such a detailed piece so I love watching yours come to life :)

Bekca said...

I hope you have a lovely break from work, it's the start of the summer holidays for me to. I love that wedding sampler and excellent progress on CD. Happy stitching.

Katri said...

The Wedding Row is such a lovely design. Have fun at the wedding!

Wow, your CD is really looking good. I wonder when I'll manage to even start mine...

Have a lovely holiday!

Céleste said...

Il est fantastique , bravo !!!!

Terri said...

Great stitching have a great vacation :)

Julie said...

CD looks stunning, thanks for the close up pic so i can see the detail