More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Thank You and Dominican Experience - Day Seven February 24th

I wanted to thank everyone for their outporing of hugs and condolences.  Your words of comfort are helping, I'm doing okay.  But that was so tough having to put down my first cat, in October of 1996 Todd and I moved out of our parents homes and into our first apartment.  Two days after moving in I went to "look" at cats in the pet store.  Well I immediately fell in love with this grey tabby who started purring like mad the moment I held him.  Oh yes it was love at first sight.  Deep down, I knew it was probably time, I had no clue it would be so hard and so upsetting.  I had a feeling it might be time, but nothing prepares you to sign on the dotted line.

I've had a rough week, three bad things have happend to me so I think I now deserve to win the lottery (I play with the ladies at work).  Last Tuesday I took my car into the dealer it wasn't "feeling right" when driving, Todd suspeced a front bearing.  One bearing, one windshield washer pump, one fog light, one break light, one rear windshield wiper blade, caliper and oil change later I was $700.00 ligher.  Then Saturday we had rain and woke up to about 2ft of snow on Sunday, when Todd went to warm up my car on Monday, the handle on the driver's side of my car broke!  Finally, there was loosing Cuddles.  All of this in the space of one Tuesday to the next.

I am on a roll with my D.R. reports and I need something to occupy my mind, I also want to get these wrapped up before I fly out to Arizona on Sautrday morning.

Our last full day in the D.R. was a day of 100% relaxation!  We went to the beach from 9am to 5pm!  White coral sands, palm trees, and azure oceans!  I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking.











15 comments:

Cole said...

Sooo sorry to hear about your kitty. That decision is a hard one to make and knowing it may be the "right" thing to do doesn't make it easier.

You're pictures are amazing ~ I love the crab!

Karen said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

The crab picture caught my eye too.

Alisa said...

Your pictures are so wonderful Dani, you are very talented! ~HUGS~ again for your loss of Cuddles...glad to hear you are doing okay.

Karen said...

What a great way to end your trip! I'm sure everyone had a blast on the beach.

I hope you're feeling a better. Losing a pet is very hard and all of that work on your car! You deserve a break after this.

Alice said...

Yup. The crab was definitely mugging for the camera!

Beautiful place, beautiful pictures.

Again, so sorry about Cuddles. Feel better.

Giovanna said...

Love your beach pictures - what a beautiful place!

Bette said...

Your pictures are amazing. You're a very talented photographer. And, yep, I'll have a big hug for you on Monday. See you then!

ollie1976 said...

beautiful pics Dani
-Jen

Heidi said...

So sorry to hear about your cat. I dread the day I have to do the same with my dogs! Big hugs!

Love your pictures and hearing about your trip!

Hope there are a string of good things that happen for you now after all you've been through!

Sally said...

Hugs to you Dani.

Wow your photos are stunning!

Sara said...

So sorry to hear about your cat, I dread that day for my dog too.

The photos of your trip are amazing!

Lisa said...

So sorry you've had such an awful week and had to deal with the sadness of losing your kitty. I truly hope things look up for you soon.
Your last day looks absolutely stunning, those beaches are just the best I've ever seen.

Carol said...

Gosh, Dani, you really have had a hard week. I still miss my dear Shadow cat and it has been almost 4 years...they really settle deep inside our hearts, don't they?

Your pictures are gorgeous and I'm so glad you were able to relax on your final day there...

Lynn said...

Wow, you've had an awful week! I hope you're feeling a little bit better now. Heading to see Kathy should take your mind off things for a bit.
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Such beauty in a land of such poverty!