Ort jar filled up nicely in 2012 - now ready for 2013
2012 In Review (Then)
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
I stitched plenty this year and had some GREAT Happy Dances. According to my little "book" I had 40 finishes in 2012 this includes ornaments, little odd and ends and big projects too! Here are a few of the highlights...
Enchantment of Winter - Stitched and framed for my Dad
Seasonal Mandalas - 2012's January 1st SAL
My Friendship Quilt is finally complete and on my bed!
These two finishes did take up a lot of my year, also I've still got a few larger projects on the go into this year. More on that ... probably tomorrow.
It was a quiet year for me in terms of travel, I did go to the Dominican Republic with a group of students for the 3rd year in a row. There weren't a lot of great long roadtrips, I think getting a new car last February and having payments again kinda put a squeeze on the pocketbook. I did bomb up and down the highways to my usual stitching get togethers and retreats. I did also have a nice little overnight roadtrip to Montreal with my friend Marline.
After Ottawa Race Weeked 10K
RunningI managed to do 2 out of 4 races I had planned on doing (Ottawa Race Weekend 10K and Perth Kilt Run) I had all of these great plans for running in 2012... but a foot injury put the kibosh on that! Everything came to a screaming halt at the end of July when I had enough of my foot hurting and started to suspect a stress fracture or something. Since then I've had an x-ray, several months of physiotherapy a visit with the Sports Doctor, an MRI and I'll be finding out the results of that on January 31st. I was a little upset that I couldn't do my half marathon or Run for the Cure in 2012.
I'm not happy with my current weight or body at the moment
I really thought I'd take care of my weight in 2012... and boy did I, I'm now almost 30 lbs over my goal weight after loosing 63 lbs, its embarrassing to say I've put half of it back on. This stops NOW! My "goal weight" clothes which some are pretty awesome and hot, just don't fit any more. Its depressing, I needed new jeans this week after the zipper broke on my old ones... I'm also two sizes bigger than I was at goal!!!
Receiving the Stephen H. Richardson Award from the Director of Education
At work I won an award that's a big deal. It was amazing to be recognized for what I do, though I've never expected to be recognized in such a manner.
Looking Forward to 2013 (Now)
This blog celebrates 10 years in September!
- I'd like to make significant progress on The Accolade, get it 2/3rd finished at least!
- Crazy Challenge 2013 - 15 starts in 15 days... I'm not so well planned on this so we'll see if I can do it again this year based on what I have on my stash... more on this tomorrow!
- Stitch a minimum of 12 ornaments
- Start The Fortunate Traveller on May 1st
- Make progress on ABC Christmas Sampler, Cirque des Cercles, and The Big Red
- I'd like to frame/finish a few more items this year
- This year I AM going to loose the weight I've put back on
- Fitness... well I'm still "on hold" until I find out what is up with my foot when I meet up with the Sports Doctor on January 31st. I did start being active again as of January 27th, doing walk/run intervals on my treadmill
- If I can get my foot sorted and there's spots left I'd like to to the Ottawa Race Weekend 5K and Perth Kilt Run, just because its fun!
- With this foot issue I've also been off of Taekwon-Do since August, I'd like to go back.
- Be Happy
- Feel back in control of my life/better organized
- Challenge myself this year
- Have some awesome adventures!
I hope you've all had reasons to celebrate 2012, and what you've accomplished. I hope you have a great 2013 -- Happy New Year!!!