More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, March 25, 2013

Stitching & Rotations

Two days prior to my Retreat and for two days after I was working on my rotation on The Accolade.  I find to avoid too much eye strain when I work on it because its all over one... and a lot of it!  I usually work on The Accolade at home with my magnifier lamp.  I don't really need magnification but I find my eyes really bother me after a good long stitching session on this piece.



Here is my progress on The Accolade during this last rotation.  Some more people are starting to make an appearance at the knighting!  My next rotation is Smalls, and oh boy I have a CUTE surprise for you!


While I was at retreat I pulled out Kathy's Christmas ABC Sampler since its pretty easy to work on in mixed company.  I also secretly enjoy working on this piece, despite the fact that its really not "my style".  I managed to finish yet another letter, this time "E" is for Evergreen.

21 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

I love your progress on The Accolade! Much too detailed for my eyes, but I do like these larger pieces...

Lovely work on the sampler, too!

Shebafudge said...

The Accolade is looking stunning. I love seeing your progress on this. Evergreen is very pretty too. The colours are so vibrant. xx

Vickie said...

They are both great Dani. It helps to see more and more develop on the large pieces. It motivates.

Angela said...

My eyes would refuse to do over 1 but I enjoy watching your progress on Accolade. Cute Xmas square!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Great progress on Accolade. I am all the really helps on those tiny stitches. Love the E finish, no secret there. CJ in OK Ps curious about the small.

Giovanna said...

Great progress on both, well done!

Julie said...

E is such a colourful square on Kaths project.

Accolade is looking stunning!

geeky Heather said...

Both are gorgeous, Dani! Sometimes I enjoy working on pieces outside of my style, too. =)

Karen said...

The Accolade is looking beautiful! All of the bright colours in the ABC Sampler would make it really fun to stitch and I understand why you would be enjoying it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your Accolade is stunning...oh my!
And Kathy's ABC piece...cute as a button!

Barb said...

Your Accolade is lovely. I would never even try all that over one. I love the look of Evergreen of course it means more as I live in the Evergreen State!

Linda said...

The Accolade is looking lovely. You made good progress. Love the alphabet sample. Sure makes me want to start it.

Linda

sharine said...

They are both looking great:)

Mouse said...

ohhhhh you have got ooodles done on accolade ... looks fabulous ... :) love mouse xxxxx

Christine said...

It's all over 1? Eeek! It looks fabulous.
Lovely little block on the ABC as well

Lesleyanne said...

Accolade looks gorgeous as does your Alphabet. Couldn't imagine stitching over 1.

Carol said...

Gosh, Dani, I didn't realize the Accolade was stitched over one--that makes it even more impressive!! And your E block is very cute--nice to have that feeling of accomplishment after each letter is finished, isn't it?

Anne said...

I'm like you when I stitch on my HAED, it's hard to stitch after awhile! Well, it is looking amazing! Love your little E block too! Cute!

Annette said...

Wonderfull pieces!!
Happy stitching!!

PegC said...

THAT is a work of art. I have an over one light this that I've started and put aside. Your progress in an inspiration to pull it out and get going!

Melanie said...

It really is coming along. You are in the home stretch now with it!!!!