More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Accolade Rotation & Upcoming IHSW

Last night was my final day of my four-day rotation on The Accolade.  I did stretch it to a few hours tonight so I could finish the current row of 10 I was working on.


While I'm working on this piece I can never see the details so close up!  Then I take a picture and I see it here in the screen and the details of this piece just pop out and constantly amaze me!  There's now a boy, and I can see a monk in his robe with that funny haircut!

This weekend is the IHSW, International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.  I don't think I'll get too much hermitting done on Saturday as I've got a few things I need to go to.  So far Sunday is wide open to sit on my butt and stitch all day!  Of course sometimes plans come together which thwart my stitching plans but that's okay!  Tonight I moved onto the next stage in my rotation, smalls.  I have a new start tonight, I know this piece shouldn't take me four days to stitch and I haven't decided if I'll spend the full four days on smalls or move back to one of my two large pieces.  I'm feeling the urge to make significant progress on my big pieces!

25 comments:

claudia said...

The Accolade is really coming to fruition! It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The Accolade is an amazing piece. WOW!

Can't wait to see your smalls. I think I'm becoming quite partial to smalls.

sharine said...

It is looking beautiful. I love how you can stitch on something for ages and suddenly all these things come to life:)

Barb said...

The Accolade is really looking wonderful!!

Linda said...

Great progress Dani. I love this design.

Linda

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress Dani. It looks stunning. I saw the full piece on the Heaven and Earth site and it looks gorgeous.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's a beautiful piece, I admire your patience working on a design like this.

Christine said...

That is really coming along Dani, well done!

cucki said...

Wow it is looking so pretty x

Annette-California said...

oh my goodness its so beautiful Dani. Your really making progress on this beauty. love Annette

♥ Nia said...

looking great! :D

Annie said...

Really incredible! I think my eyes would rebel doing a piece like that. It would take me ten minutes to get my vision to re-focus when I came up for air to see the 'big picture'. It is so beautiful.

Bonnie Brown said...

That is really coming along! I might be able to hermit on Sunday as well

Carla said...

Looking good!

Julie said...

Wow,just gets better.

valerie said...

Your Accolade looks wonderful! Great progress!!

Kielrain said...

I really love watching the progress on Accolade. It is so great looking.

Karen said...

The Accolade is looking gorgeous!

Lana said...

I LOVE watching your progress on this!!! lookin' awesome!!!

Carol said...

So detailed and wonderful, Dani--it's like the picture is just coming to life on your fabric!

Jo said...

It's looking wonderful Dani - the detail is stunning. I never both with a real rotation - just stitch what appeals to me until I get bored. It makes reaching goals a little tricky, but it works for me! So I understand you smalls/big projects dilemma

Nic said...

Great progress, I can see why you're enjoying working on this piece

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Looks amazing. CJ in OK

Meari said...

Looks great, Dani!

Anonymous said...

This piece is coming along beautifully! It's been a while since I have seen it and you have gotten quite a bit done on it. Great job!