More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, December 19, 2005

Stocking Happy Dance!!!!

Yay! Its done, its finished, fini!!! Yay! Yay! Also without much time to spare! Here's Black Swan's Dragon By The Fireside Stocking c2001 This stocking is stitched on 25ct Gold/Sand Metallic Lugana using DMC, Kreinik #4 and Mill Hill Beads. I didn't make any changes to the charting or fibers.



There's really a lot to this design that you just can't see in the photo and as usual it doesn't do the piece justice! Tonight it'll be getting a bath and a press, I'll be showing it off at Guild tomorrow night. Then off to my Mum's for finishing on Wednesday.

Talk about going down to the wire.

So what am I going to stitch yet? Well I've got an Ornament RR to do ASAP... it was supposed to be mailed out today. Oops. I think they'll understand though as I was trying to get a Christmas present finished! Anyhow I'm the moderator... I think I can abuse my powers a little.

9 comments:

Anne S said...

Dani, it looks truly wonderful!! Way to go!!! :)) Someone is going to be very very happy on Christmas morning ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, WOW! That stocking turned out to be totally magnificent! Congratulations on a well deserved happy dance! :D

Carol said...

The stocking looks great!

Schokti said...

Looks fantastic, Dani! Love the sparklies!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dani - for all kinds of inspiration to get moving on my stocking - I'm a slow stitcher to begin with and I dawdle too much...this is a good boost!

Katrina said...

wahoo Dani, you made it! awesome! Now I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of it all made up :) you asked about Noah's Sub? I was thinking of getting back to it soon and might desiginate one night per week for it after the New Year, like earlier in the year.

Bastet said...

Dani, the stocking looks lovely! The sparkles really give it the "fantasy" touch.

Micky said...

It is very beautiful! Good work.
:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your happy dance Dani! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Ann.