More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, September 17, 2006

To Signal Is To Show You're Weak!


Today my Mum and I went on a bit of a road trip... to Montreal! What a full day it was! We hit the road at 8am and as soon as we left Ontario and entered Quebec my Quebec born instincts kicked in! (I was born in Montreal) I tell you there's a huge difference between driving in Ontario and driving like a Quebecker! This means driving fast, sudden lane changes, and no signal lights... you see in Quebec (especially Montreal) to signal is to show you're weak! I have to say, it was fun! For many years I've avoided driving downtown, this morning we went to Mont Royal, the mountain in the middle of the city. I haven't been up there since I was a kid! It was nice to walk up the mountain, to see the panoramic views of Montreal.

After a couple of hours of walking around the mountain we hopped back in my little car and headed to the West Island. We had lunch at McBay's, a restaurant we u
sed to go to when I was a kid. I co-ordinated things to meet up with my oldest friend Andrew. It was so nice to see him and catch up, we've not seen each other in years... its been far too long!

From there was our last stop, the Lakeshore Guild's annual needlework exhibit. This is my second year attending their show and there was once again a huge array of pieces and beautiful work! It was also nice to touch base with some of the ladies I met at the Lakeshore Guild Retreat I attended in the spring.

Its been a long day and I'm looking forward to sitting down and stitching in front of the TV tonight (The Amazing Race 10 starts up tonight!). Seeing so many pieces at the show gets my fingers itching to stitch!

Thursday after work I'm heading back to Montreal again (with my Mum) to see Roger Water (formerly of Pink Floyd) in concert!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your comments about montreal drivers..DH goes there sometimes on buisness and always has amusing[and harrowing]taxi tales when he comes back.A sign of weakness,eh? I`ll have to tell him...

Katie said...

Oh wow, those pictures of Montreal or gorgeous. lol, my uncle moved to Montreal just so he could drive like that, Atlantic Canada was just too boring for him ;)

Concetta said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day... what a beautiful place.

Michelle said...

sounds like you had a great trip. Fabulous photos!

Anne S said...

Gorgeous photos of Montreal - looks beautiful ... Montreal drivers sound just like Auckland ones - I always said if you can drive in Auckland, you can drive anywhere LOL.

msstitch01 said...

Your photos look great Dani. I've never been o/s but I think Canda would be on my list as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law live near Vancouver.

CindyMae said...

What a beautiful place! Wonderful photos! Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time!

Singular Stitches said...

How nice to take a roadtrip with your Mum!

Driving in Montreal sounds like driving the Beltway around DC....