More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Starting a New RR & SBQ Ketchup!


Well, Tuesday I finished off another round on my TWRR (one more round to go ... YAY!) and today I'm starting another one. The mail out date for both the TWRR and the Sweetheart Tree RR's is on Monday.

For my SHTRR I'm doing up two banners/bell pull type thingies. Since I was such a procrastinator I didn't really plan in advance and I didn't have enough fabric to do it all on once piece so I've got two pieces set up ready to go. Not only do I have two pieces of fabric but I didn't have enough white Jubilee to do two pieces so one is White and one is Antique white... beauty (not). As usual that's due to my lack of foresight... so is my first selection that I'm stitching up. I have "chosen" Blueberry Heart, only because its one of the few designs in my stash that I had all the threads on hand! How's that for planning. So I thin once I'm done this I'll go through my Sweetheart Tree charts and make up a nice little shopping list! I had all these great ideas... and well none of it happened.

Now to "ketchup" on those SBQ's!

Q : How many pieces have you stitched? Out of these, how many have been for you? How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques besides cross stitch?

A : Tough one to answer... I've stitched too many in the almost 10 years I've been a "hard core" stitcher! I lost count a long time ago. I've done all kinds of pieces with all types of stitches! This is one of those questions I can't pin-point an exact answer for you.


Q : When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do you take?

A : The best thing I think for anyone to do is to walk away, and take a brake! It really depends on how frustrated I am to gauge how long of a brake I do take. Sometimes its just a couple of hours, sometimes I'll put the project away until the next day.

Tomorrow night, there's another concert to go to! This time its Red Hot Chili Peppers with Christin and Chrisanne. Today, I bought Guns N' Roses tickets for me and Christin.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

hey Dani, you sure have been a busy girl lately :) looking forward to seeing how your SHT RR turns out.