More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, December 25, 2006

I'm Dreaming of a Brown Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! I survived!

Well for the first time in my memory of Christmases in Canada, there's no snow!

Dinner with both families is over, the presents are unwrapped and chillaxing here on the couch with my laptop and the TV on.

Last night went really well, and now I understand all the talk about how tiring it is to put on a meal for a large group and how when its time to eat you're not hungry. My first guests arrived early... a bit of a surprise as I was just finishing my flight of the bumblebee and still in my pyjamas. Once all of my family was here (I had them coming over a little earlier than Todd's family) we exchanged gifts. My favourite gift is the one from my Mum she got me a chainmaille book I've been wanting called Chains By Becky I'm looking forward to making some of the projects from that. My Mum was also a sweetie and got me a bunch of silver rings!

About an hour later Todd's family arrived, we'll be exchanging gifts with them this Saturday as Todd's Dad works during the statutory holidays. Dinner went very well, and of course there was too much food! I made a huge lasagna and I guess it was good because there's only three small pieces left! I have lots of munchies to snack on for the next two weeks though. Once almost everyone was gone, except for my parents I was just wasted! I mean exhausted not drunk! I laid down on the couch with my pillows and quilt and just chatted with my Mum. I was in bed before midnight!

This morning Todd and I exchanged presents. I got him a lot of different and small things, Ferrari stuff, DVD's, he liked everything. Santa surprised me by stuffing my stocking for the first time! Santa has been stuffing Todd's for years! Santa go me a cute little USB mouse for my laptop! I'm already liking it! The cats got me a canister of caramel popcorn from the Boy Scouts. Best of all Todd got me the Digital PVR-Receiver I've been asking for! Yay no more missed shows when life is super busy!

So I didn't get any stitchy gifts... but that's okay you'd know that if you saw my craft room that is currently a disaster zone. I'll be cleaning that sometime real soon!!!

Today is Tour De Marques SAL day so guess what I've got all day to stitch on????

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like you had a wonderfully exhausting day...as well it should be!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your latest finishes, you succesful meal and have fun with all your gifts. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Ann. PS: Did you get my e-mail some time ago?

stitcherw said...

Glad it sounds like your Christmas went so well. Having all those leftovers is great, they taste so good and not having to cook again is such a bonus. Here in Michigan we don't have any snow either. Overall weather seems to be pretty odd a lot of places.
Sue

Christine said...

Dani,
Congrats on the new PVR. Your life as you know it has changed forever. My DH and I got ours last Christmas. I could never go back to watching "Regular" TV now... I've got a show paused right now while I'm reading your blog... isn't it great!!!