Well its taken quite a bit of work, between first the basting, next the outlining and finally stitching my block.... my Fantasy Neighborhood RR is ready to go in the mail for Friday's deadline!
I agonized for quite awhile how I was going to set up this RR. With there being 9 participants (including myself) there really wasn't too many options. At first I thought one long piece of fabric... well at 70x70 blocks that was going to be massive! My next thought... 3 rows of 3 blocks. Nah, too boring. Then it was two rows of 5 blocks... I was set on that for awhile. Then late one night I came up with the layout I used... I have my best thoughts at midnight! I came up with a great layout for Kathy at midnight last Friday, she's in a different group of the same RR that starts in a month and a half.
As I'm sure I've already complained, the outlining took forever! My piece is on 32ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean from Wichelt (can't you tell I love this fabric). This piece is what's left over after I cut a chunk out of a yard for Paradigm Lost which I'll be stitching with Kathy, Christin and Beatrice starting in November. The outlining is all stitched in Needle Necessities 161 (fools gold I believe), which at first I wasn't sure about but now I'm very happy with my choice. In my center box I stitched the words "Once upon a time, in a far away land... " using the font from Teresa Wentzer's English Cottage Sampler.
Saturday I started stitching my castle for the RR, I would of finished it last night but our appointment with the insurance company lasted hours! So I finished up the last bit of backstitching this evening.
Build A Castle - Teaching Piece
c2001 Dragon Dreams
Stitched with DMC & Kreinik braid
Unfortunately Noah's Sub has been ignored for weeks and it'll be ignored for a little longer. I want to get Kathy's ornament RR stitched up (which I made a start on a few weeks ago). I also have Chrisanne's Band RR... depending on where I am with mail out dates I may take a day or two to work on my poor neglected Sub in between RRs!