More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, February 08, 2008

I Just Don't Do Cold

Tonight after work I hopped in my car and drove into Downtown Ottawa. I met up downtown with Christin, Brenda, and Rachel (?). We had dinner at an Irish Pub in the Market. Then after dinner we walked down to Confederation park to check out the ice sculptures at Winterlude. I was a good girl and brough my D-SLR with me! I have to say I'm still in the learning stage with this camera. The first couple of shots didn't come out at all, but then once I figured out what settings would work best, I got some lovely shots.




Our main reason for meeting up downtown was to go see one of the performers at Winterlude. The opening act was called Swing, and they were a lot of fun! There were fireworks, large puppets, break dancers, native performers, and pipers! The main act was called the Road Hammers (never heard of them before was just going for an evenign out). About 3 songs into the main act my hands and toes were just frozen and I gave up! I don't understand how people love winter activities. Needless to say I came home and took a nice hot bath!




14 comments:

Lynn said...

You'll notice I went in the afternoon when it wasn't so cold!
I did the evening thing once and swore never again. Your new camera is performing admirably. Aren't the sculptures neat? Have a great weekend and keep warm!

Jennifer said...

Winterlude looks like so much fun - I'd love to experience it one day.

Chiloe said...

Thanks for the pictures!!! I don't stand cold too much either ...

Cheryl said...

Love these pictures of the ice sculpters!

Tammy said...

Dani,

Your photos are stunning. I love looking at your photography.

I feel your pain with the frozen hands, but I think I would have had to suck it up for the Road Hammers, only because I think the lead singer is a little bit smokin', as much as he's hard to see all his grubbiness!

Sounds like your night was a good time despite the cold.

Carol R said...

Wonderful ice sculptures - you captured them great! I wonder what that Scots man had on under his kilt? He was probably colder than you were!!

Andrea said...

Great photos, those ice sculptures are fantastic.

Mylene said...

Great pictures, Dani. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Unknown said...

Your photos are gorgeous! Sounds like you had fun, at least before you froze :-)

Beatrice said...

Thanks for sharing Winterlude with us. The photos as usual are wonderful.

geeky Heather said...

*You* don't do cold?? I can't even imagine attending an event where one of the features is outdoor ice sculptures...at least ones that aren't dripping, LOL!!

ollie1976 said...

cool ice sculptures
-Jen

Anonymous said...

great pics - I haven't made it out yet...since you are in Ottawa, I assume you LNS is cross-stitch cupboard? How was the stitch along there?

Kajsa said...

Those ice sculptures are beautiful. Your pictures turned out great!