More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, March 24, 2008

An Afternoon at the NAG



Did that title make you take a double check? Yes today my Mum and I (I was off work for Easter Monday) went to the NAG... The National Art Gallery (of Canada). I haven't been there in at least five years, so it was nice to go and wander through the general collection! We couldn't even get through all of it. We looked at the European art (lots of big names... Rembrandt, VanGogh, Degas, Renoir, Monte, Klimt, and more that I'm sure I'm not familiar with) its amazing to find out what's in your back yard! Just the European art took us two hours! We were too stimulated to go and see the Canadian or Contemporary galleries. Those galleries we'll save for another day! Also we had a nice late lunch/early dinner in the Market. It was a nice day out!


Of course because of this lovely day out ... not much stitching got done! Here's my progress on Debby's RR as of quitting time tonight.


Tomorrow's weigh-in day at WW. I honestly won't be surprised if I don't see a loss from this past week. I stayed within my points but I wasn't eating the best foods all the time (I've got 100 calorie goodies in the house)... or at least it felt like it! So I'll be shocked if I have a loss to report tomorrow! So I vow for week 5 to eat as well as I did weeks 1-3... except for on Thursday... my birthday! I'm sure they'll have a cake at work (they always have) and if Todd does something shocking like take me out for dinner (some of you may recall last year I sat at home BY MYSELF on my birthday until 11pm and I was most displeased) its going to be butter chicken, rice, and nan!!! Oh yeah baby!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Yikes, that's a scary looking sculpture in front of the NAG. Spiders are not my thing....

Great house for the RR!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What pretty pictures (minus the huge spider) of the NAG :)
And I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!!

Lynne said...

I am sure that you will do better at WW than I did, I gained 2 lbs. Spring break, family reunion, did not add up to a loss this week. Your photos and stitching are wonderful as always, thank you !!

Sally said...

The house for the RR is looking good:)

Kathy A. said...

Deb's house is looking good. Keep up the good work. I don't remember seing a spider outside the gallery - he is way cool. Don't stress if you don't lose this week. It will be a bigger loss next week. Hang in there - one pound at a time.

Nancy said...

Your house is coming along so well. Sorry you spent your birthday alone. You are very right about not seeing things in your own backyard, we all do that.

Carla said...

Thanks for sharing some pictures on your NAG visit..that huge spider looks creepy!!
Good luck at your weigh-in!

Wanda said...

Ohh, that is one big spider can you imagine the size of swatter to kill that sucker!!! Your RR is looking good can't wait to see it complete.

Anonymous said...

OK, that spider is just plain scary! I'm afraid of spiders (if you couldn't tell).