More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Stitchy Post

Well, we're almost a week into August now, so I suppose I should review July's stitching goals and share with you what I hope to accomplish in August.
July Goals - Recap
Stitch Two Ornaments - Yes!
Work on Todd's Stocking - Oh boy, did I!
Work on Art Deco Spirits - A little
Work on Tour des Marques - Never had a chance!

August Goals
Work on Todd's Stocking
Work on Tour des Marques
Stitch 2 ornaments
Now onto the stitchy pictures!

Here's Todd's stocking, I've made great progress on it in the last month.

Tour des Marques, I managed to get in a good day's worth on Monday.

Michael Powell's Mini Cottages 6, this is my on the road project worked on it a bit in Florida
August Ornament #1 which I stared last night when I couldn't work on the stocking since Todd was still up.
A short while ago I won a draw on Deb's blog, and here's the goodies she sent me! Thanks for the wonderful goodies Deb!
Well my Mum and I finally made our plans for our little overnight trip. Initially we were going to head to the Ganenoque/Kingston/Rockport area for two days one night. Being the summer that we've had its turned cool and cloudy and not ideal for being on the St. Lawrence Seaway. Also if it rains there's not a lot to do indoors. So we've just booked an overnight stay in Montreal! This way if the weather's nice we can be outside exploring the old city and the port if its crap we can hit the botanical gardens, museums, etc. I'm actually quite excited about this little trip, neither of us have ever stayed right down town (we're within 1km of Vieux Montreal) even though I grew up in the West Island (until 1987). So once again I'll have another photographic journey to share with you and I can't wait!

24 comments:

Barbi said...

Holy doodle! Did you ever get lots done on Todd's stocking! I love it!

Carolyn NC said...

You're leaving a fire trail behind you, you're stitching so much! It all looks great. Congrats on the wonderful gifts!Have fun with the overnight trip later.

Katri said...

Nice progress overall, and especially on the stocking!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Sounds like a great trip, can't wait for the pics. Have fun, CJ ok;-)

Laural said...

Wow! You are flying on your stocking! Great work on everything

Kathy said...

WOW your flying through your stitching Dani, it all looks fab. I just love the stocking its gorgeous.

Congrats on the blog win too what a great bumdle of stash.

Hugs xxxx

valerie said...

Wow, you've done a lot on Todd's stocking...fantastic! Plus, love all your wip's. Congrats on winning Deb's giveaway!

Sounds like you have a great little getaway planned with your mom...nice!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Todd is going to love his stocking...think you could whip up a second one for Curt? Just kidding :-) I hope you have a lovely time with your Mom - can't wait to see the pictures.

Julie said...

Congrats on your win, lovely ED charts.
Todds stocking looks fantastic, you've done lots.

Carmen said...

great progress, the Todd stocking look very nice.
i can wait for see your new hunting photo :D

tkdquintmom said...

Smoking on Todd's stocking....and what a great stitchy haul you have there missy! Nice win for you.

claudia said...

Todd's stocking is looking great and so getting done quickly!
Nice package that you won, congratulations on that.
I love all the trips you've been taking. It's making it easier that I don't get to travel much, I ma still seeing the world through your camera. Thanks!

Donna said...

You have been the busy beaver! Great stitching!

Brigitte said...

Wow! You've been very busy lately. Todd's stocking looks gorgeous already and so do all your other WIPs.
Looking forward to seeing pictures from your next trip.

staci said...

Awesome progress on Todd's stocking!!!

Karan said...

Great progress on T's stocking & well done on achieving the other goals - Good Luck for this month's. Looking forward to seeing the other WIP's develop. Great giveaway win. :0)
Have a fab weekend - can't wait to see those pics. :0)

Tama said...

Wow, you certainly did get a lot done! looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love the Lady Lazarus chart. My daughter's favorite is Sylvia Plath and I am making it for her birthday this month.

Mary in Tennessee

Andrea said...

Wow you have stitched loads on Todd's stocking. Wonderful progress on your other WIPs too.

stitcherw said...

Wow, your WIP's are looking great, wonderful progess especially on the stocking. Loved your earlier trip pictures too, sounds like you had lots of fun. Sorry the plane ride back wasn't so great though.
Sue

Wanda said...

GREAT!!!! The stocking is wonderful...and to think you have to do it "on the sly"!!! You are a very goal oriented person and one who REACHES those goals...you're awesome!!

Cindy F. said...

Gosh girl!! Look at all the beautiful work you've done!! and what a fun win!!
Your time planned with your mom sounds very exciting and I can't wait to see those pics!!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, you are making great progress on Todd's stocking. And Tour is looking good. Loved the photos of St. Augustine - been there - loved it too.
Enjoy your trip to Montreal. See you in a couple weeks.

Sally said...

Wow lots of lovely WIP Dani. They are look fantastic!