More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Another Nice Day On The Lake

Monday started out nice and quiet for Todd and I, it was a Civic Holiday here in Ontario and neither of us had to go into work.  Todd made us a great breakfast (eggs, toast and homefries), and we planned to lay low since the forecast was calling for sun and about 30c.  That was until my friends Tracey and Terri called us and invited us out to Terri's trailer on White Lake.  So I dropped my stitching and off we went!

A neat old gas pump in the park where Terri keeps her trailer

Some old house boats stranded on the shores of the lake

Out on the lakeshore the temperatures were actually fantastic with the breeze off of the lake.  I of course was armed with my camera!


We started out the afternoon with one attempt at waterskiing, and that was Todd.  He got up on the first try (he had tried it once in his teens), and stayed up for quite a bit.  But the water was too rough for him to get back up and none of us was willing to give it a go.

So we headed back into shore and broke out the tube to try out tubing ... a first for Todd and I.  Tubing is a riot!  I was laughing the whole time!  I do think that between the rollercoasters and tubing I need a trip to the Chiropractor!!!

John and his son Cullen (Terri, Cullen, Tracey and I went and saw the Smurfs today and had Happy Meals afterwards)

Waiting for my first turn in the tube

 Ed, Tracey's husband, we almost managed to throw him!

 That's Tracey in the tube

Todd, not looking like he's having fun but I can assure you he did, I just didn't manage to get a picture of the big grin on his face earlier!

Yes, I have my own tackle box... don't you?

Tracey and her husband had to head out late afternoon and once we all had a go at tubing, John, Terri's husband took Todd and I out fishing.  Todd was the only one to catch anything!  I think after a week of very hot days the fish just weren't interested.

Todd with the only catch of the day

 Todd doing what he loves most.  I spend a lot of the summer off stitching with friend, Todd spends it out on the water fishing.

Tracey and her husband had to head out late afternoon and once we all had a go at tubing, John, Terri's husband took Todd and I out fishing.  Todd was the only one to catch anything!  I think after a week of very hot days the fish just weren't interested.

If you're bored of my summer adventures don't worry, I've got another stitching post coming up for you soon!

11 comments:

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Looks like a great day! Tubing is soooo much fun. I cant wait til my kids are old enough to take out on the water :)

Lesleyanne said...

Looks like you had a great day on the lake.

Veronica said...

Tubing looks so fun! I'd love to give that a go if I ever get the chance :)

Lana said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, that looks like a wonderful time, Dani!!! I haven't skied or tubed in years! It brings back so many good memories. Glad you all have fun. And at least he caught a decent sized fish. Dinner that night?

ollie1976 said...

Looks like another awesome day! So jealous! :)
-Jen

Bette said...

What a great time you guys had! Wish I could have sotwed away in the tackle box!

Aussie Stitcher said...

It looks amazing. I am so glad that you are having a wonderful holiday. I love the photos of your trip to Quebec, it looks like a great place to visit.

Bekca said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day, thank you for sharing these pictures.

Karen said...

I love hearing about your adventures! Another set of beautiful pics too! It looks like you all had a blast! :)

Lynn said...

We saw so many kids tubing in Muskoka and I was telling my DH how much I wished I could give it a try. Don't think it would help my hip problems right now though, lol!