More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, August 27, 2011

PhotoHunt: Symbolic

Today's PhtoHunt theme is Symbolic.  I started hunting through my pictures and it hit me right away... flags!  There is nothing more symbolic than a flag it can evoke a sense of pride, patriotism, anger, hope and so much more. 


The United Nations flag, this was taken this summer in Quebec City which was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site.  I'd like to think this flag/symbol gives a sense of hope to those around the world who live in war ravaged countries where Peacekeeping is needed.  The UN does so much more than Peacekeeping, but helping in developing nations, human rights, education, health care and more.


This picture was taken in the fall during at tour around "The Valley" with my friend Tracey.  I spotted this bucket of flags in a antique/junk store.  My ancestry is British.

This photo I took in March of 2010 in the Dominican Republic... the Canadian Flag, need I say more?

5 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Awesome pics Dani! Love them.

Unknown said...

Love the pics and I think your right on the United Nations Flag. I think in any war torn country it is a powerful symbol to those in need of peacekeeping.
I love our flag (Irish Flag) and it always fills me with a sense of pride on seeing it.

Karen said...

Great choice! Flags certainly are symbolic! Love the pics. :)

jams o donnell said...

Great take on the theme! I would like the UN to be reformed so it can undertake its functions more effectively. I daresay there are vested interests working against that though

Unknown said...

Very cool!