More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Day of Stitching At Lynn's

Lynn's cat Clarisse she made sure she wasn't ingnored
 
 Tracey and Lianne

Last Saturday (yes I know I'm a week late in reporting but I just didn't have the drive to blog this past week) Lynn invited the "Tangled Skiens" or the "Tuesday Night Stitchers" as I like to call us for a day of stitching at her home.  Tracey and I met up Saturday morning and hopped into my "red rocket" (my red Kia) and drove the hour out to Lynn's place.  It was such a nice day to be out driving and of course stitching with friends!

Lianne celebrating a Happy Dance!!!

Mary showing off her wonderful work
 
The group ebbed and flowed through the day I would guess at some point there were almost 15 of us there.  Some of us stayed in the house to stitch and some ventured out into Lynn's lovely gazebo to enjoy the nice weather that we deserved after so much rain!

The Gazebo stitchers


After lunch some of us ventured into the heart of town to check out first of all the local fabric shop and secondly the Arts Festival the town was hosting.  I came out of the fabric store unscathed, but I know a few of the ladies made purchases.

A Mural Representing Chesterville
 
Lianne, Tracey and I wantedred around checking out the booths and vendors set up for the Art Festival.  I of coruse took this opportunity to take pictures!

 A FEMALE chansaw artist how cool!

 Old firetrucks on displya (these are for you Dee!)


Me, Lynn and Lianne

Wonderful goodies from Lianne
 
Also from Lianne a gorgeous scissor ahem I mean flower frog!  I love it!
 
Earlier in the day when Lianne arrived she had gifts for Lynn and I.  She wanted to celebrate our "third anniversary".  Lianne has shared with me her story why she e-mailed me one day after reading my blog for sometime.  I felt so touched when she told me why she reached out to me and how she appreciated my e-mails every time a group of us were getting together to stitch, inviting her to join us... to meet in person for the first time.  It took Lianne sometime to finally accept one of my invites and it was to join us at Lynn's home the first time she hosted her annual stitching day roughly three years ago!  Lianne I don't think you realize how much your story has touched me, how honoured I feel that you chose me to reach out to.  I value our friendship.  Thank you for such a lovely gift, of course your friendship is the best gift ever.

 Besides stitching there is always a lot of talking!

As the day turned into a beautiful evening many of us eventually made the trek home.  Thank you Lynn for another fantastic day of stitching!

33 comments:

Annette-California said...

What a treasured day to spend with friends and stitching! Loved all your photos Dani. Lianne deserves 2 Happy Dances for finishing her Lovely & Gorgeous sampler:) What is Lianne's blog please?

sharine said...

It sounds like you all had an awesome time!

Bev C said...

Hello Dani,

What a beautiful day you had. Lots to share with us,thanks,enjoyed reading about all the things you saw and friends you stitched with.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Cole said...

How fun! It looks like you all had a great day! I need to find a group of stitchers around me I think :) Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Great photos - thank you for sharing.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Thanks for sharing your day Dani, I enjoyed all the photos and the lovely mix of stitched pieces.

Michelle said...

Oh my, what fun! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time and such beautiful stitching, too! I love the photo of Clarisse :)

Mouse said...

time spent with like minded friends is priceless ....
love the fire engines and gorgeous prezzie of a frog too :)
love mouse xxxx

Christine said...

Looks like fun and that cat is magnificent

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. How nice to get together like that.
The ladies have stitched some lovely things. Sounds like you had a great day.
The cat is gorgeous.
Happy weekend.

Giovanna said...

Few things can beat a day of stitching with friends - glad you had such a good time.

Sally said...

What a fantastic day Dani! Looks like everyone enjoyed it and there are some fantastic projects there.

Chris said...

What a wonderful day you guys had!

Carrie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Julie said...

Stunning cat!
Super pics, they look a lovely group of ladies.

Jules said...

Clarisse is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your stitching day with your friends!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful day and I really enjoyed the pictures. How cool was the girl with the chainsaw and all those old firetrucks !.

Céleste said...

It's really a good day for you . Bye

Kaisievic said...

Fantastic post, Dani. I felt like I was there with you. Hugs to you and all of your stitching group.

Anne said...

Fantastic photo of the three of you!! Love it! Ooh you got to pet Clarisse!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time together!! Great photos Dani!

Anonymous said...

Cool firetrucks. They are of the era when my dad was a firefighter --- I remember them well from when I was a kid.

My dad drove a ladder truck though.

Your pumpers are probably late 40's models -- most likely Macks.

Anonymous said...

Ooops ....I need to look more carefully. The one in the front is newer and one is most definitely a GMC. LOL

And ... Clarisse has beautiful eyes. What a gorgeous cat.

Glad you had such a great weekend.

Kaisievic said...

By the way, I have tagged you in the Eleven Things Quiz, you need to see this post to play:

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/eleven-things-quiz-thanks-julie.html

Brigitte said...

I always love to see pictures of stitchers getting together and stitch and talk and have fun. Each time it's a bit like being there, too. Thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

Looks like fun was had by all - I'm quite jealous!

Karen said...

Everyone calls my car the "Red Rocket" too haha. Looks like everyone had a fabulous time at Lynn's. I love the flower frog that Lianne gave you! It sounds like Lianne found a great friend in you! :)

Melanie said...

What an awesome little get-together!! I would totally have staked a place out on the gazebo. Looks like a wonderful little place to sit and stitch. (And gab. lol)

Carla said...

Looks like you all had a great time :)

Felicity said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your stitching weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and your stitching friends had a wonderful time catching up, stitching and enjoying each other's company.

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger award.

Lynn said...

It was an awesome day! I'm so glad you made the trek out and joined us!!
Next year I really must check out the Art Show myself. It looked pretty interesting.

Carol said...

I'm sure you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves! What a great group--you are lucky to live nearby :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

wow :) what a lovely group of stitchers!