More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, June 23, 2012

TUSAL & An Exchange

I thought I'd double up on this post and do the two birds - one stone thing.

First of all, earlier this week was the TUSAL.  Here's my "jar" to date, there's a lot of dark and light at the top there... the darks are both from my seasonal Mandalas and The Accolade and the light is from the Seasonal Mandalas.  I really haven't stitched much lately... I've been doing a lot more reading than stitching.  That's okay though, I've really not been reading much at all over the last few years so its okay to make up for that.  I'd better get stitching if I want to meet my goals for this month!


Much earlier in the year Lillie and I set up a personal exchange.  My gift to her is still on its way to the other side of the world.  Hers arrived last weekend and I thought it would be perfect to go on display with my TUSAL.  She stitched me this fantastic year of the dragon flat fold!  She included a lovely little case and a year of the dragon bottle opener in a case.  I don't know if Lillie knew it or not, but I am a Year of The Dragon Baby!  How perfect was this exchange?  I hope she likes what I stitched up for her!

23 comments:

Catherine said...

Great goodies to show off your TUSAL!

Anonymous said...

That was really nice of her. I love the jar that u are using forthe TUSAL.!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your TUSAL looks great.
That's a lovely exchange - the stitching is stunning.

Lesleyanne said...

Your orts looks great. Lovely exchange received.

ollie1976 said...

love the dragon
-Jen

Anonymous said...

It's ok to take a break from stitching now and then. Makes it all the more fun to get back to. Love all of the Year of the Dragon things you received. That Dragon is cool.

Chris said...

What a great exchange piece. You are a lucky girl.
Have a great weekend.

Vickie said...

Hey, he is awesome. :)

sharine said...

Awesome dragon!

Deanne J said...

He's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Cool dragon --- that's quite a look on his face. Maybe he is surprised to be in Canada.

valerie said...

What a cool dragon exchange from Lillie! It's wonderful and so cool that it also happens to be your chinese astrology sign. Great TUSAL!

Giovanna said...

What a cool dragon - well done to Lillie.

Christine said...

Looks like you've managed more stitching this month than I have!
Your Year of the Dragon gifts are gorgeous

Carol said...

Now that is one impressive dragon from Lillie :) She really did a wonderful job!

Karen said...

Verly lovely exchange gifts! :)

Daffycat said...

This is a wonderful exchange to receive! You have a nice, full ORT jar!

Brigitte said...

It often happens to me that I sit between my stitching and a book and it's so hard to decide which one to take. It seems to be a constant battle, lol.
Dani, that's a wonderful exchange piece that you received from Lillie.

Julie said...

Super exchange piece,perfect for you.

Julie said...

Super exchange piece,perfect for you.

Bekca said...

What a beautiful exchange piece, I look forward to seeing what you've stitched in return :) Enjoy your reading!
Best wishes.

Bekca said...

What a beautiful exchange piece, I look forward to seeing what you've stitched in return :) Enjoy your reading!
Best wishes.

Veronica said...

What a fun exchange. Saw it in Lillie's blog. Her work really is beautiful.

Hugs,
Veronica.