More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, January 06, 2014

Crazy January Challenge Day 6

Well many, many, many children in my area today got a belated Chrsitmas gift, a snow day for the first day back to school!  Sunday started out with snow, then later that night I could hear freezing rain hitting our windows, by morning it was rain... then by 11am it was all going to freeze over again.  Thus making the roads treacherous!  So it was a Snow Day and a lovely way to ease into going back to work, I was able to safely get out of the driveway and to the highway so it was off to work for me!

Despite there being a handful of kids at work I was still pretty tired and headachy by the time the afternoon rolled around.  I had my date at the gym for my small group session with the personal trainer (5 of us and a trainer, much more affordable than one on one with a personal trainer... which if money were no object I would so have one!).  I discovered I managed to loose 0.2lbs over the Christmas holidays despite being busy/lazy/sleepy/eating out/eating junk/etc...etc...etc.  So that made my day!


After a shower and dinner I settled in for about two hours of stitching, its now after 10PM and I'm sleepy so its time to share today's small, new start (small, because of first day back to work, gym, being tired).  This soon-to-be Santa is from Prarie Schooler's Book No. 172 Christmas Favorites.  I picked it up for a steal when I stopped in at Because You Count in Moncton, N.B. on my trip home from Cape Breton (where I was also lucky enough to be invited for dinner and a bed for the night to break up my trip home with Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams and her family!  I used to be one of her model stitchers.).

When I have time to get back to him, he'll be quick to finish.

15 comments:

Barb said...

Glad your first day was fairly good. I love your start. I love anything PS.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely new start.

Kerryp77 said...

Great new start. You're braver than me taking on the crazy January challenge!!

Annette said...

Your really on a roll..
Have fun with all your pieces!!
Happy stitching

Chris said...

I love these PS ornaments, lovely stitches.
Stay safe and warm!

Christine said...

Great new start Dani

Vickie said...

That looks great! Good for you and your group at the gym. =)

Linda said...

Another cute start Dani.

Linda

valerie said...

Stay warm Dani! I'm envious of snow days since we never get snow or snow days here but I don't envy those cold temperatures. Good for you for staying on track with fitness! Love your new PS start.

Annette-California said...

Congrats to you and your group at the gym too. Darling new ornament your stitching. love Annette

Sylvia said...

I love this and the other pieces you have started this year. They are great choices for the January Challenge. We got cold (-20 with windchill)and snow today down in NYS and the kids here got Tuesday off instead of Monday. Happy Stitching. I look forward to seeing what you start today.

Julie said...

PS Santa's are always so popular, he's lovely.

Heather said...

A snow day here would have been lovely. Yesterday wasn't too bad, and even though the buses were cancelled today because of the cold, my husband drove my son to school.

Yay for you for making to the gym on a bad weather day. And the Santa is very cute.

Kate said...

Lovely start and as you say, he should be an easy finish too.
Stay safe in that weather.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You stayed at Jennifer's house?!! You are so lucky!

I have been posting my 12 Dragonlets of Christmas on the FB page each day of the 12 Days along with the treats I put inside for my son. She says she really enjoyed seeing them, she is a lovely person!