More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, March 21, 2014

Belated WIPocalypse and IHSW

I did a lot of great stitching over the March Break, and then the tail end was one of my Timberhouse Retreats (pictures coming soon) and of course when you've been off of work for a week, it takes a bit to get back into the swing of things! (and its quite tiring)

This weekend is IHSW, and I have no plans but to stay home and stitch!  Well and do a little baking on Sunday, its my favorite custodian's birthday on Monday (we share a Birthday month, mine is this upcoming Thursday, the 27th!) he loves apple crisp so I'll be making one to take into work for him on Monday.

Here's my WIPocalypse progress which was due this past Sunday!  Since my last report I have focused most of my stitching time on The Accolade... until my little road trip to Stitcher's Garden two weeks ago.


I probably should work on my fair lady this weekend as one of my goals for March is to finish page 8 and as you can see, the end of this page is not far off!

I initially put down the Accolade to stitch up this beauty, Flowers in Black, White and Red.  I picked up this piece at Stitcher's Garden, and started it the next day.  This piece stitched up in just a few days.

Next up it was time to wrap up those Prarie Schooler ornaments I had started back in January, and I did just that while at the Timberhouse Retreat last weekend.  Here's all the ornaments all stitched up together, outlined in backstitch and backing pieces stitched and ready to go.  This is all ready to be pressed, and cut up to be whip stitched together.

Since the last WIPocalypse I finished....  The Poisonous Poinsettia (to cats)

The Pyromaniac Angel

Candy Cane Smoking Santa

The Cozy Cottage

Chubby Snowman

Finally The Scrawny Reindeer

Since I wrapped the Prarie Schooler ornaments fairly early on during the Retreat weekend, I pulled out another January start to work on, Three Little Maids which I ALSO managed to finish up on Sunday evening after I got home.

The rest of this week I've been working on yet another ornament, this guy has been calling my name since I picked up the chart in January.  I picked up all of the threads for Snow Woes by Heart in Hand at Stitcher's Garden and decided he was next, I haven't been in any rush to get back to my over one stitching.

So there you have it, this is where all of my recently touched projects stand!









24 comments:

Annette said...

You have been stitching like crazy!!
Awesome. Very beautifull.
Congratz on the finishes. Als lovely progress

AnnMcD said...

Wow you have been very busy Dani! Everything looks great.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful progress! 3 little maids is soooo precious! Great progress and congrats on your finishes.
love Annette

Vickie said...

Great work Dani. What a variety. My favorite is still Flowers in Black, White and Red.

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching dear..
Hugs x

Emma/Itzy said...

You've been busy! They all look great! :)

Bonnie Brown said...

The accolade is looking amazing! Love the ornaments and the owls too :)

Lulu said...

Your needle has been busy! Congrats on all the finishes and I especially love three little maids.

Annie said...

Wow! Lots of great stitching! And finishes, too. You have been busy...love it!

Linda said...

Wow Dani. Congrats on all the gorgeous finishes. Awesome progress on the other pieces.

Linda

Xine said...

Oh my you've been busy!

Emma Louise said...

Wow! You've been busy. Lovely stitching :)

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow your progress has been amazing! Love them all

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress, I love the new names for the Prairie Schooler ornies!

I hope your custodian shares the apple pie too.

Brigitte said...

Wow, that was a really productive month for you. Great progress on The Accolade and on the PS ornaments. They are so beautiful.
Great your two finishes. I just love Valerie Pfeiffer's birdies. And the black and red flowers are gorgeous.

♥ Nia said...

Great work on your wips :) the accolate is close to the finish!! And those owls!!! How cute :))))) well done :D

Julie said...

Lots of great progress Dani, Accolade looks amazing.

Vicky L said...

The Accolade is coming out beautiful! Your finishes are cute, I love the Naid Owls. Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

Jan said...

Wow you've been busy stitch'n lately. Accolade will be finished in no time!!! Glad to see you over on facebook's Teresa Wentzler Cross Stitch SAL Group. It's starting to feel like the old TWBB from years back with all the familiar names poping up again.

Melanie said...


Candy cane smoking Santa. lol
Does he share? ;)

So much great stitching here!!!!

valerie said...

Wow! So many wonderful finishes! Congrats Dani!

Carol said...

Gosh, what an amazing bunch of stitched finishes, Dani! I'm in love with the PS ornaments and thank you for the close-ups. I hadn't realized there was such a cute border around each one--how adorable.

Three Little Maids is so sweet--I just love those birdies. I have done a couple myself, but I think the finish is hiding away somewhere...

I hope your birthday on Thursday is a very special one! May all your birthday wishes come true :)

Lillie said...

Lots of beautiful projects. PS is truly looking good. I like your flowers in Black, White and Red. My favourite colors, LOL

Faith... said...

Flowers in Black looks so elegant and modern! Great stitching!