More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Gettin' It Done

Now that everything is calming down... well at least for me it is I know many are gearing up for the Christmas season but for me it feels like life is slowing down a little (and if you know me that's a good thing).

This week I'm not going into TKD to train because there are things that need to get done here at home and there's just not enough hours in the day to do everything. This week I've been focusing on framing I've got quite a few jobs to get done before the Christmas break rolls around at work. I framed one piece yesterday, started a second but messed up on the mats. Since there's not enough left I've got to head back to my supplier to pick up two new sheets... just a stupid mistake on my part. I framed another one tonight, my first time framing a painting with a liner. It came out very nice. I also stretched a needlework piece for a friend and once I've got that as straight as can be (I'll play with it a little more) I'll pick out the molding. I was initially planning on matting it but I think a plain frame will draw the eye to the great fabric. I also finally got Take Time To Quilt stretched to the point where I'm happy with it and can pick a frame out for it too.

I need to get to the bead shop and pick up some more supplies to make fobs. I've got orders for three more I'd also like to make some for stitching friends for Christmas. Ahhh the time!!!

I've also been slowly working on my 2nd ornament for the month. Yet again its a piece that requires more stitching than usual for an ornament. But I think I'm going to like it in the end, I can see this one as a piece I will keep for my tree.

That reminds me... I need to get to ornament finishing. I've also got a set of stitched up International Bears (Vermillion) that I'd like go get finished into a quilt for my Niece for Christmas.

See it just never stops... This is just my personal life, lets not forget I work full time, I try to train 2 hrs a week at Taekwon-Do and I teach 2 hours some weeks, 4 others!

Do you feel as tired as I am after reading this???

1 comment:

Froggie said...

I've been following your blog for some time. I enjoy seeing your stitching. I'm looking forward to seeing the ornies your working on now!