More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Birth Of A Draggie

This morning started with a wonderful surprise! I was wrapping up the finishing of Julie's little giftie which I've owed her for months when the phone rang. LOL honestly I don't get a lot of phone calls and often its my Mum calling. However there was a familiar voice on the other end of the phone... it was Kathy! She's still down in Houston, Tx. helping out her sister, but will be on her way to Arizona soon... she says once she's there she'll have better internet access and she'll be back blogging, commenting and wreaking havoc on the net! Kathy, I can't wait to see how all your projects are coming along!

While I wasn't running about this weekend, which there wasn't too much of I was stitching (at times napping... I'd have to say that's probably my second hobby!). I've been working really hard on The Castle, the dragon is finally taking shape and here's where I am at bedtime tonight.

I'll keep working on this piece this week, except one evening for Paradigm Lost. I'd like to see this baby finished before 2007 is out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dragon is really coming along. I hadn't noticed before, or maybe it's just this photo, but is your fabric two different colours - bluey at the bottom and more grey at the top? I missed you starting this so you may already have mentioned it before.

It will be good to see Kathy around the 'net again soon.

Jane said...

Oh that looks just beautiful! I love it, Draggie! Great work! I'm thinking about getting that one for my daughter.

Karoline said...

Gorgeous looking dragon, great progress Dani

Laural said...

Yay a dragon!!

Unknown said...

It looks awesome and I'm thrilled your finally able to work on that dragon. :)

mainely stitching said...

Your dragon looks great - I'm cheering you on for a finish this year!

Zeb said...

So stunning! I love the fabric and am curious about it too?

CritterLady62 said...

Your dragon is looking good! Good luck on finishing it off before 2007 ends.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The castle is looking SUPERIOR as all your work always looks :)

Lynn said...

Wow,it's really coming along! I love watching as the dragon takes shape. I'm just getting caught up on my blogs and loved your pics when the tactical force visited your school. So how heavy are those guns?

Beatrice said...

Hey your catching up girl ..it looks wonderful on the fabric you have.

Needlearts Kelly said...

Your dragon is beautiful! I love watching it come along.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Definitely a dragon, there! I hope you're able to get it finished this year!