More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Evanessence
 
Last night my friend Christin and I went and saw Evanessance.  Opening for the band was : Breaking Benjamin, Seether, and 3 Days Grace.
 
Breaking Benjamin, rocked I really liked their music and I hope to hear more from them in the future.
 
Seether, honestly all their songs sounded the same!
 
3 Days Grace, I saw them in February when they opened for Nickleback.  I thought they were awesome then and I still think they are awesome now!
 
Evanessance, not a bad show.  I'd give them a 2.5 stars out of 5.  For a brand new band with only one CD I have to say they did fairly well.  But if I were to compare them to a lot of the other acts I've seen over the years I would say they were okay.
 
Now when you have 3 opening acts and you're sitting on the end of the row where people go up and down the stairs to get to general admission you get to do a lot of people watching.  I finally had to get a piece of paper and pen to write down my observations that I made to amuse myself and Christin...
 
  • When navigating small steps... leave the Herman Munster shoes at home!
  • Tulle skirts... only if you're 90lbs soaking wet please
  • Sir... the seat of your pants they're a little worn out
  • Hmmm spike heels in general admission???
  • Honey, next time you go to the ladies room don't forget to tuck in the ribbon on your udnerwear
  • Sporty skirt... t-shirt... hat... high heels?  Hmmm mixed messages, sproty or classy I think just plain trashy.
  • Can you please scream a little louder I still have a working ear drum left
  • Tube tops and stairs, don't mix, hike it up baby!

I have to say I saw a lot of very interesting outfits and impractical footwear!

 


No comments: