More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, August 07, 2006

Celtic Banner Progress and SBQ


Well its been a VERY productive couple of days stitching while I've sat on the deck at the cottage working on my tan! I can see an HD in my future!

We had a spectacular sunset on the lake a couple of days ago, I just loved how the clouds got lit up by the setting sun!

Finally another late SBQ :

Q : Do you have a favorite needlework tool that you like to work with?What is it and why do you like using it?

A : I really don't have any paticular tools I use beyond scissors and needle! Last week's SBQ covered the topic of scissors. Now my favorite needle has to be by Piecemakers#28's! If you haven't tried them... I seriously suggest you try them. When you stitch, it feels like a hot knife going through butter! Now in terms of actual tools the one I do use from time to time is the Star detailer, its used to pull a small bit of thread trough the back of your stitches when its too short to use your needle.

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

I must find one of those Star detailers - what a fabulous tool! Thanks for the link; they have some neat stuff there, and they accept Paypal - yippee!

catandturtle said...

Celtic banner looks great and the sunset pic is stunning. I am a huge piecemaker fan too. I agree with you, they are the best thing to stitch with and they slide right through the fabric. Nothing compares. Ann.

Michelle said...

Celtic Banner looks fabulous - you will be done with this in no time, and I can imagine how good it will feel to have this one completed. So, Noah's Sub is up next?

Abi said...

I knew you would finish CB first! :) Of course, if I actually worked on it, then I would also have progress pics to show. LOL