More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Ketchup Post #4

As I've been getting you caught up on the few bright moments I had in September, the current events have been falling behind!


When I went out for the evening on September 28th, it was with a sense of celebration and relief!  I should of been going out with my Mum, but she's not ready for such a big outing yet.  It took some asking around, but I found someone to come along, my friend Amy from work.  It was a little tough to find someone who knew Tommy and liked it.  Mum and I had gotten tickets ages ago to see Roger Daltrey of the Who perform the rock opera Tommy from start to finish and some of the Who's greatest hits.




Ottawa is a strange city, for some reason only 2,500 tickets were sold in a venue that holds over 10,000!  Go figure, Ottawa you suck sometimes.


I must say Roger Daltrey did not disappoint!  He and his band put on an amazing show!  As he performed Tommy he didn't stop, not a pause between songs.  It was like listening to the CD.  Once they finished performing Tommy they just kept going, it felt like it had just been a warm up!


It was a great, raw, rocking show and it definitely made up for the disappointing show that Pearl Jam put on a few weeks before!

I did mention I LOVE concert t-shirts!

5 comments:

The Outgoing Introvert said...

That is crazy they sold so few tickets! Glad you got to go and had such a good time. Love the new shirt!

Carmen said...

i am glad you had a good time Dani, and the T-shirt "mola"! ( is great, cool)

Ginny said...

Your Enchantment of Winter piece is looking sooooo beautiful. I have enjoyed watching your progress on this one. Love your T-shirt from the concert. It being PINK really has nothing to do with it! Ha!

jane said...

sounds like you had a great time Dani, shame there weren't more people there. I went to see The Who years ago and they were very loud!!

Lynn said...

I'm really surprised at the poor ticket sales! The Who and Tommy were a big deal during my teen years. Glad you enjoyed the concert!