More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Stitching Goals, Stitching Days, and Stitching!

Hey!  How about a stitching post?  I think its been a little too long since I've pumped out one of those.  It feels like forever since I've shared my stitching with you, and really up until recently there wasn't a lot to share!

First of all lets get back to the stitching goal thing... I had to let that drop for September.  If I had one stitching goal at all last month would of been just to get in a few stitches.  Which I did.

October Stitching Goals
  • Finish K is for Kitty by Prarie Schooler
  • Stitch the last of my quilt blocks
  • Stitch 2 ornaments
  • Work on Enchantment of Winter
Some weeks ago I received an invite for a stitching day at Beatrice's, initially I turned down the invite because I just didn't know where life was taking me at the time.  I got up Saturday morning and decided to just GO despite the 3 hour drive each way.  My friend Tracey has recently picked up stitching again after many years, she lives not too far from me and she's an early riser so one quick phone call and I had a travel buddy!  I also have talked about my good stitching friends for years so I was excited for them to meet Tracey, and Tracey to meet them!

Tracey stitching on her cute Labrador puppies

After a beautiful fall drive we arrived and not only was I greeted with hugs but so was Tracey even though I had barely introduced her.  That's why I love these ladies soooo much, and wish I lived so much closer!  It was a great day some stitching did happen, lots of laughing, and a little too much eating... the usual things!

L to R : Bonnie, Tracey, and Beatrice

Here are a few shots from the day, 8 of us were very cozy in Beatrice's lovey apartment!

 Bonnie

 Angie, she had a long way to come, she lives on the floor below Beatrice

 Clare

 Bernie, checking out the framed piece I had given Beatrice a few years ago

 Kathy (L) and Anne (R), I'm my current WIP is for her Mom

  I baked cookies the night before... so I had to share them with my friends!

My Big Soft Ginger Cookies were a hit!!!

I am so looking forward to the next stitching event, Rebecca's annual October/Moose Hunting Weekend Stitching Bonanza!


I've really enjoyed being able to pick up my stitching again, and make some fantastic progress.  Friday night I put the first stitches in this piece, K is for Kitty by Prarie Schooler.  This is for Naan, she wants to make a quilt out of the Prarie Schooler Alphabet Charts she was too proud to ask for help but boy once word went around we've all been chipping in and taking on a block!  I picked this one not only because I love kitty cats, but I think she's going to look like my wee Zeus when she's done.  I'll have to do some side-by-side pictures at the end.  I want to have this piece finished for the November Timberhouse Retreat!


I have been picking away at Enchantment of Winter as well and here's an updated picture for everyone.  I'm giving this one a bit of a break so I can get some of the smaller pieces that have been piling up out of the way.

My Mum is doing great and getting better and stronger every day and much happier now that she's at home.  Its so nice to have life moving back into the realm of "normal" that's normal for me... which isn't really that normal at all!  LOL!  I have too much fun to be "normal".

21 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Glad that you all had such a good time. Enchantment of Winter is looking awesome.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful time. Your progress is looking amazing!!

Lesleyanne said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time. Enchantment is looking great. A lovely new start - look forward to seeing it progress. Glad your mum is feeling so much better.

Diane (di) said...

So glad your Mum is feeling better and you ladies really do look like you had fun. Oh, those cookies... yum. Enchantment is gorgeous and your stitches are wonderful, Dani.

Carmen said...

stunning the enchantement winter, and i am really happy that your mum feel better.

Mouse said...

oooo you sound like you had a fab time :) those cookies look good too perfect with a cuppa :) great progress on the stitching and glad to hear mum is doing better each day :0 love mouse xxxx

Bekca said...

Those cookies look so yummy! I love the look of your new start and that's great news about your mother. Best wishes.

Christine said...

Sounds like fun, and I'm glad your Mum is improving.
Good luck with your October goals

Giovanna said...

Good to see you're stitching again - looking forward to seeing more of the cat (love that one!). EoW is just stunning. Glad to read that your Mum's doing well.

Karen said...

Looks like you had a great day with friends! :) Enchantment of Winter is looking gorgeous! Really glad to hear your mom is doing better!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

hmmm, the best medicine other than laughter is hugs from friends. Looks like a great time was had by all.
Be always in stitches.

Bette said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love the stitching!

Teresa said...

What a fun time, wish I had a stitching group. The cookies look delicious. Glad mom is doing better.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

ollie1976 said...

I'm always so jealous when I read about your stitching retreats! I'll just keep living through you! Enchantment looks fantastic!
-Jen

Beatrice said...

It was good you could come and I'm glad you brought Tracey too...you know you are always welcome.
Thanks for the cookies and veggies.
Your stitching is stunning of course...it always is!

Carol said...

Great news about your mom, Dani! What a relief to your whole family...

So glad you had another great time at your stitching retreat--love seeing your WIPs and all those cookies--yum!!

Lynn said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it this time but I am planning on going to Rebecca's even if only for the Saturday. Sounds like it was another great get together. BTW, I'd love the recipe for those cookies. Is the "secretary" working on getting it out?

valerie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Enchantment is stunning! I can't believe all that over one you did. So glad your mom is doing so much better!

Sally said...

Looks like everyone had a brilliant time Dani!

Wow your E0W looks even more stunning everytime I see it!

So glad to hear that your Mum is doing better :)

Josefa Vélez said...

ME ENCANTA ESTE BORDADO...ES UNA MARAVILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Looks like you had a great time, I am so envious. Enchantment is looking amazing. I had no idea how big this actually is until I saw a picture of you on someone's blog holding it up in front of you.