More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Adventures

We had the most gorgeous Thanksgiving Weekend ever in the Ottawa Valley!  It was sunny and it was warm!  I didn't spend as much time stitching as I had thought I would instead I took some time to enjoy the fall show that Mother Nature puts on!

On Monday I got together with my good friend Marline and we went out to Gatineau Park.  Our initial destination was Pink Lake but it was a Zoo, so we moved onto King Mountain that Marline hadn't been to before, but I promised offers spectacular views of the Ottawa Valley.



 Bottom right is a Beaver Dam

 Marline looking fresh and lovely before we started up the mountain

 Gorgeous maple leaves!


 Can you tell I love maple leaves?

 Oak leaves are just as pretty

 Marline just amazed by the view

 The Quebec side of the river



 Look at those fall colours!



 I love candid moments like this!


 This little outlook framed nature perfectly!

 Me, enjoying the day

Great spot to take piccys!


 Pretty, pretty!

Once one goes up one must come down


We then followed out hike with a walk around Downtown Ottawa until we lost the light to take pictures.

 The Ottawa Congress Center got a face lift and it looks amazing!

 Love the curve of this building!

 Marline and I reflected in the Congress Center Windows

 Rideau Canal looking towards Parliament Hill

 Love the architecture downtown!

War Memorial

Chateau Laurier Ottawa's most expensive hotel!

The locks of the Rideau Canal entering/exiting the Ottawa River

 Sun setting over Parliament Hill, only in Canada can you wander around on the lawns of the seat of power!

 The Peace Tower lit up for the night

 See that bridge?  I ran across it in my 1/2 Marathon last month!

 Sunset over the Ottawa River

 One of my last pictures of the evening, loosing the light.

What a gorgeous part of the world I live in!

25 comments:

valerie said...

Wonderful photos of Ottowa, the stunning colors and you and Marline. Glad you had a nice holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

You certainly do! I was looking at a friend's pictures of Montreal today. They were gorgeous.

I absolutely MUST get up to Canada. The only city I've been to is Toronto.

MoonBeam said...

Absolutely beautiful photos. You made the right choice...the stitching can wait!

Lynn said...

Great photos Dani! It was the perfect weekend for it wasn't it? I love Gatineau Park. We haven't made it there this year but we usually make an annual visit. We love to stop for tea at the McKenzie King estate after our walking tour.

Lesleyanne said...

I love your photos Dani. They are stunning. Glad you had a lovely weekend.

Diane (di) said...

Oh my, what gorgeous pictures Dani. And those leaves, stunning!!

Christine said...

What stunning pictures, thank you for sharing them

Kate said...

Thanks for the tour in pictures - gorgeous!

Bekca said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

Mouse said...

ooo love those fall pictures :) i don't think I would have made it up never mind down ..lol ..love mouse xxx

Chris said...

What a beautiful day! You guys really made the most of it :)

Carol said...

Oh, Dani--those are the prettiest fall photos I've seen yet this year! What a great day you and Marline had ... You certainly do live in a beautiful part of the world!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wonderful hike photos! I wish we had places like that here to hike but our terrain is so very flat. Not to mention we don't get fall color either. I guess it's a tradeoff for our warm winters.

ollie1976 said...

great pics!
-Jen

Carmen said...

beautiful photos Dani,i like the Autumn colors.

Carol R said...

Great pictures Dani - thanks for sharing!

geeky Heather said...

What a fantastic way to spend the Thanksgiving weekend; being thankful for the absolutely gorgeous Fall colors!!

Barbi said...

Oh Dani!!! Those pictures are beautiful. Hubby and I are going to Ottawa for a weekend in December. Besides on obligation on Friday morning the weekend will be ours. Any tips as to what we should see?

The Outgoing Introvert said...

You do indeed live in a gorgeous part of the world. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos with us. So glad your Thanksgiving was a good one!!

Carolyn NC said...

Pictures are just stunningly beautiful! Looks like a fantastic time!

Julie said...

Spectacular pictures, thanks for sharing your beautiful weekend

Angela said...

What wonderful pics, thanks for sharing with us :) Seeing the Ottawa pics reminded me of how much we didn't get to see this Summer and I didn't realize you lived so close. My Son has asked to go back again next year, it really is beautiful!

Ginny said...

Your photos are fabulous. I especially love all the fall photos. The colors are so beautiful and yes, you do live in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

Melanie said...

Such beautiful pics. *happy sigh*

Kaisievic said...

Fantastic photos - made me feel as if I were there, too. I would love to visit Canada one day.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox