More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stitching At Rebecca's

Roughly this time of year for the past few years, Rebecca has hosted a stitching weekend when her husband goes off moose hunting.  Lucky for us right?

Bonnie working on a scarecrow

Christin and I headed down after work on Friday, we did a little shopping along the way and stopped for a bite to eat.  We drove down in heavy, heavy rain for most of the trip.  It is so exhausting to drive in weather like that, white knuckling it for over an hour!  By the time we finally landed on Rebecca's doorstep I was too pooped to stitch.  Bonnie and Trista were already there, and more were going to arrive on Saturday.

Saturday morning we started bright and early as we stitched through the morning we were joined by Lynn, Tracey, Beth and Sylvia (Rebecca's Mom).  It was a miserable day, but a lovely group of people and perfect for stitching!!!

 Tracey putting her first stitches into a piece of Jazlyn

Tracey made her first venture onto evenweave on Saturday!  She picked it up very quickly.

Sylvia, winding bobbins
Staying onto Sunday were Sylvia, Bonnie, Christin and I.  We stitched late into the night and most of today as well!  We had several Happy Dances both days!  Rebecca finished up the four quilt squares she did for me.  She also finished a baby piece for her best friend!  Bonnie finished a girl scarecrow for her Mom and I finished up K is for Kitty.

Rebecca's fantastic finish!

I'm sure my usual photos do the talking

 Bonnie & Caleb


 Christin working on her Prarie Schooler block for Naan as well

 Lynn

Rebecca showing off her piece!

Between my visit with Beatrice a few weeks ago, and this weekend's visit at Rebecca's I've received a whole bunch of Quilt Blocks back from my friends!  I so appreciate their help getting these stitched up!

 Stitched by Clare

Stitched by Adriana

 Stitched by Angie

 Stitched by Anne & Naan

Stitched by Rebecca

Now that I'm done the Kitty I've moved on to the last 3.5 Quilt Blocks.  Here's where I'm at on block .5

My current quilt block (only 3 more after this!)

Of course you also want to see my Happy Dance right?

K is for Kitty
by Prarie Schooler
Stitched on 28ct Lugana
Stitched with DMC cotton floss

30 comments:

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Everyone's stitching looks fantastic, what a wonderful time you all must have had. Congrats on your finish, love it!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finish. It is gorgeous. Love seeing your pictures. Everyone's stitching is beautiful.

Bekca said...

The stitching gathering looks like so much fun, I'm sure you had a great time. Congrats on your lovely PS finish! Best wishes to you.

Judith said...

It is always so nice to stitch with friends. Congrats on the finish.

Mouse said...

ooooo .. where was my invite??? ..lol .. looks like you all had a fab time give everyone congratulations on their stitching and the finishes too are lovely :) .. well done on getting there with the quilt and I love your K is for Kitty :) take care :) love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

Stitchers' gatherings are always a lot of fun, and this looks like it was no exception to that rule. :) Congrats on the finish, K is for Kitty is on my to-do list as well, I really love the Prairie Schooler alphabet series.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

So good to see that everyone had a great stitching time. I love all the quilt squares too.
Be always in stitches.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the lovely kitty! Looks like you had a great time, and your friends' stitching is lovely too.

Kaisievic said...

That all looks like so much fun! I wish that I could have been there with you - it looks like you got lots of great stitching done. Your K is for kitty is fabulous. You must have had a really happy dance. The stitched quilt blocks look really good, too. And your friend's baby cross stitch looks absolutely amazing!

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Kate said...

Looks like a fun weekend - and very productive too!
Congrats to all on the finishes.

Chris said...

Looks like a lovely weekend. So sorry that you had to drive in the rain. That is exhausting. The stitching is all lovely.

Jackie's Stitches said...

K is for Kitty was finished really quickly! Congratulations!

Bonnie Brown said...

It was great to see you again. Wool Hoop on all the happy dances :)
Great pics as well!

ollie1976 said...

great job on K is for Kitty. Again-so jealous with your retreats!
-Jen

staci said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Lynn said...

Congrats on your finish for Nan. It looks great! It was so good to see you again at Rebecca's. I wish I could have stayed longer especially since that drive home was wicked!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend! Love your quilt blocks! Care to share the info about designer for them!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva(@)gmail(.)com

Ginny said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend of stitching with friends. All of the pieces look fantastic! That stitching of the baby is just adorable! I have been seeing your quilt blocks through your posts and they look so fun and bright and cheery. What are you doing with them?

Julie said...

Lot of lovely stitching, well done to all the ladies. Kitty is gorgeous.

Carmen said...

what a wonderful time!!stitching with friends, is perfect. Congratulations for the finish K is for kitty.

Melanie said...

Yay for finishing kitty!
That baby piece is incredible. Really different and lovely. I wouldn't have lasted more than 2 hours with all that brown. (Like to look at the color - HATE to stitch with it.)
Glad everyone had a great time. :)

Karen said...

Stitching get togethers are always the best! Great finishes by all... happy stitching!

Veronica said...

Fantastic stitching by everyone. Looks like fun was had by all :)

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome stitching and finishing by all!

Jodie said...

Aww looks like so much fun, Dani! There's such a variety of work there too...very cool!

Carol said...

I always love seeing what everyone is working on, Dani, and your PS finish is awesome!!

Beatrice said...

Awww... all the stitches are wonderful,
I wish I could have been there.
Love the pics.
Congrats on finifhing K itty!

Beatrice said...

p/s tell Tracy YIPPEE!!!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Dani,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Love your stitching work and the photos of your cats. Sorry to see that you lost one in 2011....we did too. I finished "K is for Kitty" a few years ago. One of my favorite designs and Prairie Schooler is my favorite designer.

Felicity said...

What a lot of colour in everyone's stitching! I love all the photographs on your blog, Dani. Keep snapping.