More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, October 28, 2011

TUSAL & A Walk In The Byward Market

I'm a day or two late with my TUSAL posting, I had every intention of posting last night but I was exhausted!  I was in bed by 9PM which is VERY early for this blogger!


Without further ado, here's my Ort Jar for this New Moon!  Lots of orts from my top secret ornament and my quilt squares (only 2.5 to go!).  Helping to show off my Orts is the adorable Halloween Bear Kathy gave me when we recently met for dinner.  Those of you with sharp eyes would notice a gorgeous pair of scissors!  They are this year's designer line of Ginghers, the "Tessa" Tracey gifted me with them to thank me for all the stitching help I've been giving her.  Of course its always a joy to corrupt a blossoming stitcher!


On Tuesday night I was invited out to the Hard Rock Cafe in Ottawa's Byward Market for the Ottawa Run For The Cure Recognition night.  I received an invite I'm not sure if I received the invite because I was a team captain or because of the amount of money I raised.


I had time to kill between finishing work and the evening at the Hard Rock starting so I walked about the Byward Market with my little point and shoot camera.  I was quite inspired by the farmer's stalls and wonderful fall apples and vegetables.











I have a fairly quiet weekend ahead of me not exactly sure what I'm going to do... stitch?

15 comments:

Lisa said...

The colors of the fruit and veggies are so vivid! I love going to farmers markets.
Have a good weekend!

Kaisievic said...

Those vegetables look so amazing - the colours are so vibrant!

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures from the Farmer's Market. I would be all over those apples! YUM!

Bekca said...

I love those cheeky pumpkins! Farmer's Markets are so good, I'm glad Winchester has lots. Hope you have a very enjoyable weekend stitching, best wishes.

Bette said...

I love the veggie pictures. So colorful and creative!

Christine said...

Lovely pictures from the market, I've never seen that multicoloured sweetcorn over here, its so pretty.

Lynn said...

Hard Rock Cafe is where I had my first meal with Bob when we reconnected. I don't think we've been there since. We do however pay a visit to either the Byward market or the Parkdale market just about every Sunday following church. I pick up all my veggies for the week.

ollie1976 said...

great pics Dani!
-Jen

staci said...

Wonderful market pictures!!!

Melanie said...

OMG, such great pictures!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous pictures from the farmers market. Your tusal picture is gorgeous - love the teddy, scissors and orts.

Karen said...

Great pics Dani! LOVE those pumpkins!!!!! :)

Julie said...

The pumpkins looks great, i saw some of that Canadian corn at our supermarket in the halloween aisle this week.

Kate said...

Gorgeous pictures from the market. Great ORTS - the teddy is super cute too.

Aussie Stitcher said...

The veggies look amazing, I am getting hungry just looking at them. The Teddy is gorgeous.