More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cool Gift & Stash!


Earlier this week I got the bestest ever e-mail from my good friend Chrisanne! I was actually at work when I read it so I'm afraid to say I disturbed any of the students studying/working in my library that day with a squeal of excitement! Chrisanne the awesome person that she is... she got me for my birthday (its not until March 27th by the way) a ticket to go see Lenny Kravitz with her at the Scotia Bank Place on March 24th! Even better she managed to score us seats on the floor, 6th row! Wahootie! I'm very excited. March is going to be a great month because the week before the Lenny concert (March 19th), Christin and I will be going to see The Foo Fighters, yet again we're going to be on the floor too! So March will be a-rockin' !!!


Also this week my stash for the Lizzie Kate Double Flip-its came in! Gosh I sooo can't wait to finish my model so I can stitch them up! I can't wait, its all organized ready to go.

Today I had a fantastic visit with Kathy! We went out for breakfast and stitched into the afternoon. It wasn't a long enough visit Kathy and its going to be a long time until the end of April!

Sorry I've not been blogging much I've either been stitching or sleeping! I don't know why, but my body seems to need sleep lately. I took a 5 hour nap on Saturday!
Photo (point & shoot) : grey squirril on tree

18 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds like a fantastic March! Can't wait to hear all about the concerts.

Sharon said...

Lucky you! I am sure that is going to be a great concert!

Jennifer said...

We had 5th row seats for a Tom Petty concert once, and it was the BEST. SHOW. EVER. Seriously - one of the greatest experiences. You will have a BALL being that close to the stage.

Yuko said...

Hi Dani, it's the first time for me to leave you a comment!
Thank you for your visit on mine, the other day and sorry that I didn't have enough time to visit you soon...
By the way, what a sweet friend you have! I can imagine the scene when you screamed at library! :D
I love Lizzir Kate's new double flip, want to try to start, but have no time at the moment, so I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress!

Cheryl said...

Great stash!
The concerts sound like they will be great, especially the foo fighters one

Anonymous said...

wow, a five hour nap!
The concert sounds like fun!

Sandy said...

What a great bday present! I hope you have a great time! Oh and tell Dave Grohl I said hi (one of my faves is the Foo Fighters!) and I love him lol!

The squirrel pic is very cute. I can't get our squirrels to sit still long enough so I can take pictures!

Myrna said...

Wow! You are really going to enjoy your concerts!

I look forward to seeing your LK's stitched up. Are you stitching them all on one?

Have a great week!

Erin said...

Awesome concert plans!! Hubby and I love all kinds music, but can't often afford tickets....last year we saw Martina McBride (it was a birthday present for me). Not sure who is coming to town this year....hmmm. Time to check!

Can hardly wait to watch your progress on the Lizzie*Kate series. So pretty!

Laural said...

Oh that is awesome! Lenny Kravitz is evil (not really I'm just bitter about a canceled concert 9 years ago, LOL) Yay for Foo Fighters! I would love to be in your shoes! Take pics for sure!

Kajsa said...

What a great gift, that will be so much fun!

That's a nice stash haul!

I think it's winter that it's getting to you, it's so nice to just drift away beneath a blanket when it's cold and miserable out there.

Beatrice said...

How will you be able to wait until the???
It will be a blast for you.
The stash for the Lizzie Kate looks nice and colorful.
Will we ever see this model you are stitching on? I suppose we have to wait until it is on the market.
I'm glad you have a visit with Kathy.

Kathy A. said...

Thanks for the wonderful visit yesterday Dani. I really enjoyed it. See you in April.

stitcherw said...

Cute picture. I love squirrels, they are so funny to watch. Sounds like your March is going to be awesome. Hope you have a wonderful time at the concerts, what great seats.

The new LK one will be so pretty. I've ordered the fabric and the first two cards, but am waiting a bit on ordering the flosses. I'll enjoy watching you stitch yours, you'll probably be done before I even get started. :)
Sue

Carla said...

what a lucky lady! that's a wonderful b-day gift!
Love L*K's new series! On the weekend a finish the first one, "Dream" :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the great birthday present, those concerts sound like fun! Get through with those models already so we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming of stitchy photos ;-)

Feel better!

Lynn said...

What an awesome friend Chrisanne is! Great seats, you'll have a great time I'm sure.
Glad you were able to sneak in some stitching time with Kathy before she heads back again.
Thanks for the You Make Me Smile Award. It brightened my day.

geeky Heather said...

SQUIRREL!!!!

Oh, yeah, and cool on the tix! =)