More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

After The Snow

Well, after a dump of snow like we had on the weekend... what do good Canadians do? Well we dig out! It was a beautiful today and the temperatures were warm (-7c) so myself and my camera went for a bit of a putter about The Village.


This was my first day out of the house since Friday night! I have to say I was very surprised by the height of the snowbanks! I had to walk on the street because the sidewalk (yes that's plural we have one sidewalk in The Village) wasn't yet finished by the kindly old gentleman who does it every winter.


I found a very obliging red squirrel on my travels. Isn't he adorable?

Model #5 progresses nicely, I'd have to say I'm about 1/2 way done! Yay! I won't be getting much stitching done, my Mum and I are going downtown to get our hair done. My Mum's b-day gift to me this year. If its warm enough outside we're hoping to walk upto Parliament Hill with our cameras. Also I have my weigh in at Weight Watchers... the end of week 2 ACK! I'm settling in with the program now, I'm not hungry all the time. Though I've discovered even though I've bought low point treats... I still can't trust myself to have them in the house. Embarrassingly I've eaten them, but accounted for every point!

11 comments:

Karin said...

I did get the silver rebel at Costco - they didn't have the two lenses here, but I figure it will be a while before I even figure out the one!

Wendy said...

Great squirrel pic! It has been gorgeous blue sky weather since the Big Snow, almost like teasing us that spring is just around the corner. But its going to take a while to get rid of all this snow first.

Carol said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I recognize that white stuff! My neighbor thinks he is cute and put a "Free Snow" sign at the end of his driveway.... Looks better than election signs, for sure!

Laura said...

Looks beautiful to me! The squirrel is very cute.

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the little squirrel you catch looking at you. Hope you had fun getting your hair done, will we see a picture?

Rebel In Ontario said...

A new hair style/colour/look is always fun! I hope we can see the new you soon!

Nicole & Phil said...

Great snow...wish you could send it my way!!!
We got a pathetic amount, not even enough to do anything big with!
But I bet you are sick of it by now (My Canadian penfriend is very sick of it)

Wanda said...

The snow is lovely I not to fond of the squirrels they eat all my birdseed! Great pic though! Good Luck with Weight Watchers.

Beatrice said...

Love the photos. It was a wonderful day.
I look forward to seeing you with the new Do.
It sounds like the WW is working out for you. Yippee!!!!!

Carolien said...

That is some snow! And I love that squirrel.

Greetings, Carolien

Dawn T. said...

The squirrel is just too cute sitting there!