More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, June 05, 2008

What's This??? Stitching?

I have to say I think I'm getting good at multi-tasking!!! When I got home from work I just HAD to lie down for a nap! I was struggling to stay awake during my drive home. Once I was up I swapped back and forth between preparing dinner and cutting foam core & mat board for a framing job. While eating dinner I went through my e-mails and did some online stuff. Then while I watched "So You Think You Can Dance" (one of my guilty pleasures) I stitched, during the commercials I cut a double mat and mounted a photograph. So with this one framing job I'm down to building the frame, cleaning the glass and popping it all together. This is one item of four I need to have ready for Tuesday morning.


Soooo are you wondering what I've been stitching on and if I'm actually going to show it to you? The answer to this is yes! I've been working when I can on Robyn's RR, I am overdue with sending this piece out as the mail out date was June 1st. After contacting the moderator of the RR and the person I mail it to everyone is cool that I keep on working on it. I'm so pushed for time right now that I've started dragging this with me wherever I go, just in case I can find 10 minutes to work on it.


This is a West Coast Lighthouse from an older issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine. I'm hoping that between waiting for glue to dry on various frames this weekend I'll be able to work on this and show you some descent progress!


Also yesterday I finally received Round 5 Fair & Square blocks from Hannah. The first set she stitched for me got lost in the black hole we so kindly call the postal system. Hanna was nice enough to re-stitch it and sent some lovely goodies along! Thank you Hanna.

9 comments:

Carol R said...

You multi-task extremely well!
Robyn's RR is wonderful.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Dani...now that's some busy! I know everything will get done ;)
TAKE care of you!!!

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a lovely RR!

Hannah said...

I stitched on LHN's "Dog Sampler" while watching So You Think You Can Dance last night. I <3 that show.

Margo's Musings said...

Dani, you need to slow down and take it easy - take your time with Robyn's piece - the picture you showed is enough so that I can start narrowing down my choices.

Take care, Margaret

Julie said...

The RR is wonderful, love the square too.

Twana said...

I only stitch during the commercials of So You Think You Can Dance and I was amazed at how much stitching I got done.

Nancy said...

Love the round robin and you have been very busy. Your photos are so nice.
Nancy

geeky Heather said...

We're watching SYTYCD this season...it's our first one. Hopelessly hooked already. Mary is even starting to sound normal to us!!!