More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weigh In and Photo Hunt

The scale was much kinder to me this week! I didn't push myself as hard physically this past week (though I did work out), I ate a little more (dipped into those weekly points for sure) and it paid off. I lost 1lb, the pound I gained last week when I was so physical and really watching my foods. It is such a tricky balance between calories in and calories burnt! Oh and I ate out Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so once again the body is a mystery.

Since I have no stitching to show you (haven't picked up a needle yet tonight and probably won't), I'll treat you to another PhotoHunt instead.


Here's PhotoHunt #143 "Hope" I think there is so much hope to be found in the simplicity and beauty of nature and the world around us. We know that each morning the sun comes up and each evening the sun sets (this is a sunset by the way... never up early enough at the cottage for a sunrise). We can find hope in a new day, or in the end of a special day.

16 comments:

Michelle Andaya said...

The photo is beautiful. I remember riding a bike with my best high school friend to a spot where we could see the sun set. It was always beautiful!

By the way, cheers to that pound lost!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Is it possible you are building more muscle when you exercise more, therefore not losing weight, but still getting healthy?

I'm starting a new "eating plan" tomorrow. I absolutely need to cut out the sweets!!! I'm good about getting to the gym, but then I reward myself for getting there.

Totally NOT working for me.

So .... I'm going to try and follow your example and watch those bad foods.

Kathy A. said...

Yippee Yippee Yippee - good going girl!!!! Almost there.

Unknown said...

remember muscle weighs more than fat. Have you done any measurements? Congrats on the lb lost too! Beautiful photo! Did you take it?

Rebel In Ontario said...

All I could think of when you said you had lost a pound was....dunt dunt dunt - another one bites the dust...and another one does and another one does...another one bites the dust!

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, you are right - the body is a real mystery. I'm always surprised about how much weight I lose or gain as it's often so different than expected.

Julie said...

Stunning view.

Andrea said...

Beautiful photo.

Karan said...

Yay - knew you could do it. :0)
Beautiful photo & fully agree with your sentiments. :0)

claudia said...

YAY! for the lost pound. I am afraid that I gained way too much this week, I couldn't even bring myself to post it. I ate out, then I ate out and once again I ate out. I did have a diet be damned attitude too. I'll just crawl back up on the wagon here in a day or two. Too much stuff goingon in my head right now.
Beautiful sunset there too. I love a winter sunset.

Cindy F. said...

Awesome!! I think once in a while you have to shock your system to get it moving again...like the eating out or dipping into your points when you normally don't.
...or it's muscle:)
Congrats!!

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful picture. Human bodies are funny things-just when you think that they should do one thing, they do something else. Hang in there!
-Jen

Beatrice said...

Congrats on the WL.
What a stunning photo!

Olga said...

Congratlations on your weight loss. Love your picture, sunsets and sunrises are never the same and are always pretty.

Sally said...

Oh wow the photo of the sunset is stunning!

CindyMae said...

That is such a beautiful photo! I love what you had to say about Hope as well. Thank you for that, I needed that today!