More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Ornament Bonanza!

This evening I finished off the last of my JBW stockings!  Here's the final addition to the group :

Reindeer Stocking
c2010 JBW
Stitched on: Victorian Red Lugana 28ct
Stitched with: DMC 5200

I've been stitching them all on the same piece fabric


Here are MUCH better pictures of all the other stockings... I pulled out the good camera and put on my big flash too!

Chalet Stocking

Leaves & Vines Stocking

Christmas Trees Stocking

Hearts Stocking

Scandinavian Stocking

Today I did a little bit of finishing, I'm helping a friend of mine trim her tree tomorrow and I thought I'd bring an ornament for her tree.  I finished up this beauty with a couple of extra special touches.

R&P Peace

I had these pretty push pins that I've had for years.  I finally found the perfect use for one of them!

While I was at it I pulled out this little Prarie Schooler Freebie and finished it into a floss ring

I made the cord too!  I love having matching cord that's just the right thickness.

It looks great with this pincushion which I finished months ago, what a great matched pair!


Today I also went through all my stitched ornaments and paired them up with matching backing fabrics from my stash.  I'd like to get started on ornamentification so I'm not scrambling before I break for the Christmas holidays!


Also there's today's PhotoHunt, and the theme is Juicy
This photo was taken in March of 2010 on my Dominican Experience Trip.  On our first day we walked around the town of San Pedro de Macoris.  There were a number of stands around the city center where you could get fresh, juicy local fruit.  Imagine pineapples being local? Mmmmmm!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy, busy stitcher.

I had to chuckle at the porcupine pin cushion. What a look on his face!

Erna said...

Goodmorning Busy Bee, I love your finishes, love the stockings...
Enjoy your Sunday, for me it's a working Sunday, hospital is waiting
Hug
Erna

Lonneke said...

wow! You've been busy. Everything looks so great. I especially love the peace ornament, what a wonderful gift. And the prickly pincushion makes me smile. Great job on everything.

Brigitte said...

Oh, I love these little stockings on the red fabric. Can't wait to see them finished.
You also were rather productive in the finishing sector. Great job!

Sally said...

Wow, Dani, you have been busy! Your stockings looks gorgeous and your finishing looks fantastic!

Christine said...

The stockings are lovely, can't wait to see them finished. I love your finished pieces too, the hedgehog pincushion is so sweet and funny!

Lesleyanne said...

Can't wait to see your ornaments finished. Love your stockings and all your finishes are stunning.

Bette said...

Very pertty ornaments. Love the fabric color.

Karen said...

I love the stockings! All of them!! Your ornament and floss tag look great! I love that little pin cushion too. I matched my remaining ornaments up with backing fabrics last night too. So, today will be another finishing day for me.

Bekca said...

Well done on finishing all the stocking they look great. I love the ornament you're gifting your friend with and the floss tag is so cute. You certainly have been busy! Can't wait to see some of your ornaments all finished up, and happy stitching to you.

claudia said...

Wowots of great finishes. I loe the stockings. Can't wait to see them all finished.
You've been very busy!

Barbi said...

Wow! You've been busy! And everything is beautiful! I love the stockings and the finishes are perfect for each piece.

Carol said...

Your stockings look wonderful on the red fabric, Dani--good luck with finishing all of them. Your "Peace" ornament, pincushion, and floss ring finishes are perfect, too...

Have a great week ahead :)

Lynn said...

Your ornament finishes are great Dani! I really love the Peace ornament!

Lisa said...

All the stockings look great, really stunning all on the same piece of fabric.
Your finishes are beautiful and it looks like you've got LOTS more to do from that pile!