More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, October 30, 2011

PhotoHunt & Quilt Block

I had every intention of sharing this post with you last night but by the time I wanted to put down my stitching I was just too tired to face the keyboard.  So here is my Saturday PhotoHunt a day late.

This week's theme is "Broken"


I took this picture this past February during my Dominican Experince trip.  I came across these boys in the slum of Simon Bollivar in Santo Domingo, they were trying to fix a broken toy.  People become quite resourceful when they have little.  I just love the happy smiles they gave me as I took their picture.


I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning Friday night so I had this Quilt Block Happy Dance late Friday/early Saturday depending on how you look at it.  This is Quilt Block #10 for me.


I've got a good start on the next one as you can see, but I've run out of two floss colours I need to complete it.  I'm being lazy and not going out today.  I think Tracey is doing me a favour and picking them up for me.  Of course I can keep working with other colours on this block and the next one for now.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Great pic, their smiles are lovely.

Why is it we always run out of just the colour we need when we plan a stay at home day??

Jackie's Stitches said...

I can't help but notice that even though the toy is broken, their smiles are huge!

Lesleyanne said...

Great photo. Your finished block is gorgeous. Great new start on another block. Hope you manage to get your other colours.

staci said...

What a cute picture for your photo hunt!!!

cucki said...

hello dear, its me cucki..thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog..me so happy :)
love your blog so much..
sweet picture..their smile is very lovely ..
keep well..lots of love for you.
hugs xxx

Christine said...

Great photo!
Your quilt blocks are looking good

Giovanna said...

Those quilt squares are so cute!

Kate said...

What lovely smiles.
I'm really enjoying seeing the progress on your quilt bolcks - they are gorgeous.

Karen said...

Yay! Another quilt block done! I'm so curious about the end product! How many more to go?

Love the smiles on those kids!

Angela said...

A wonderful photo! The quilt sqaure looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooo...Love the blocks. So cute.