More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Last WIP Wednesday for January

Can you believe we're almost through the first month of 2015?  Its gone by so fast!

Since my last stitchy post I've had a couple of small finishes and made progress on a couple of WIPs.  First, the finishes.

Red Threads
Rosewood Manor
Stitched on: 32ct Natural Linen
Stitched with NPI silk

After I finished blogging last week it was a little late in the evening to pull out The Accolade.  So I pulled out my "purse project" and finished that!  How many of you keep something small in your purse?  I never go anywhere without some stitching, you just never know.  I've noticed the last couple of years, while waiting places I pull out my phone more than my stitching.  I'm trying to make more of an effort lately to pull out my stitching instead of my phone when I have free moments.  Of course its always a battle between my stitching and my Instagram addiction (you can find me there as tkd_chick).  These little motifs from the Red Threads chart by Rosewood Manor are perfect for "purse projects"!  I just love the combination of this red silk on natural linen.

Love Never Fails
The Primitive Hare
Stitched on mystery 28ct fabric
Stitched with Glorianna Silks

Remember last week I mentioned I had the urge to work on some seasonal smalls?  Well I gave in!  I started and finished this adorable freebie by The Primitive Hare.


Then I might of started another freebie from the same website this week as well.  This is a small start on Valentine by The Primitive Hare.  I polled my Instagram followers to see if I was crazy with my fabric and thread choice but I got so many positive comments and likes I went with it!  As I say the instant gratification you get from social media is addictive!  Also when you're looking for a quick bit of input its almost instant!


Now, the piece you've been waiting to see... The Accolade.  I'm still plugging away on page 10, I'm currently experiencing the stitching version of 50 Shades of Grey, sadly this is no where near as titillating.  Its a struggle to stay motivated when you're just stitching many shades of the same colour and no real image is emerging.

20 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Dani. Love the fabric your using on your new start. The Accolade looks great.

Linda

Anonymous said...

But you sure are getting close to the finish. Accolade is beautiful!

Annette said...

congratz on the finish!
Happy stitching time

Barbi said...

Great finishes. I have to pull out some Valentine stitching here this weekend I think. Accolade is almost finished. That should be your motivation. Every stitch is one stitch closer to the finish.

Julie said...

Accolades looking magnifcent

Carol said...

I can hardly believe we're at the end of January, Dani!! Your little finishes are so cute and The Accolade will be a masterpiece--just keep going :)

Justine said...

The Accolade is simply amazing. It will be worth sticking with the 50 shades when you stand back and look at the whole thing. Your other finishes are cute too. I rarely go anywhere without some stitching!

Angela said...

Love your small finishes :) I'm too addicted to my phone when I'm out and I really love Accolade, can't wait to see it finished!

Kate said...

Great small finishes. I've added you to my instagram feed.

Barb said...

I think you have demonstrated a lot of patience stitching the beautiful
Accolade!

valerie said...

Great stitches Dani! Accolade is coming along great. Don't give up...you're almost there!

Lana said...

I am so with you in the phone boat!! Sometimes I feel like I'm sinking in it!! I often find myself reaching for my phone instead of my stitching too!! All your stitching looks gorgeous!! I love the accolade.... It looks so close to a finish!! Have a great weekend!

Marie said...

Congrats on your the completion of your smalls; both are lovely,

Is Accolades a HAED? It's huge!

D1-D2 said...

I think the only public places I've ever stitched are planes.

Accolade is looking great :)

Brigitte said...

They are so lovely, your two finishes. No wonder that you wanted to start another project by The Primitive Hare. Her designs are so beautiful. And Accolade is coming along great.

Brigitte said...

... and no, I never stitch outside my home. I need a magnifier and only have a big one that stands on the floor. BUt you are right, one needs something to do while waiting. When I leave the house there is always a book in my purse.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm really into Primitive Hare at the moment. I am trying to resist the LOVE Cubes right now!

The Accolade looks amazing, so close to a finish!

I always have a book with me to read in the bus queue or travelling by train. I also keep a book or two in the bathroom for reading while I run the bath!

Bonnie Brown said...

Accolade is really coming along. Too bad it wasn't 50 shades of some other colour... we have seen so much grey lately! Bring on Spring!!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finishes, Dani. I love the red threads. Accolade looks great... You're almost done.

Miamina said...

Well done on those lovely finishes. Accolade is coming along, keep plugging away and it'll be done before you know it!

Well done :)