More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, July 17, 2006

Cube-It!!!

Whoila! I put the finishing touches on my Cube-It tonight! I picked up some black, orange, cream, and green ribbons to embellish the cube. I have to say this is another neat finishingg technique that doesn't involve framing. Its also great for seasonal designs like "Pumpkin Patch". On the back I put this cute pumpkin fabric that I just love!

I also made a little progress on Celtic Banner tonight, despite a visit by the aged peas. I got that block finished and a wee bit of the next row. After work today I also replaced my old digital camera (about 5 years old) with a nice spankin' new Panasonic Lumix camera!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on your first Cube-it...now to check out the elegant stitch site ;)

Shannon said...

Absolutely fabulous fabric, Dani ! And great finishing job yet again :D

Anonymous said...

I love the Cube-It Dani. And that fabric is amazing.
Also I hope you'll enjoy your Panasonic camera. I got one of those last year and I love it (although I still haven't used a quarter of its features). It does everything except make coffee. LOL

Debby

Rosemary said...

The cube-it is GORGEOUS! I have that chart and have stitched it, but could totally see doing it again so I can finish it that way.

Did you use the overdyed threads or DMC?

Schokti said...

Very cool, Dani! So can you do a tutorial for the next one?

Christine said...

Very cute finishing. Do you have a link to a site that has instructions on how to do this? I'd really like to do a few like that (for seasonal ones like you mentioned)

Katrina said...

what great fabric- those pumpkins on the back gave me a real giggle!
well done on your 1st cube it Dani!

Karoline said...

Your 'cube-it is very cute Dani, congratulations