More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, September 03, 2010

A Stitchy Update

Greetings one and all, sorry its been so long since my last update (well long for me at least).  Last week turned out to be a busy and exhausting week (I've gone into more detail on it here)!  This week as also been busy thus I've not stitched as much as I would like!  Sometimes when I barely get to stitch I wonder if that's why I'm not feeling rested and happy?

This past weekend was the Annual Takewon-Do Outdoor Training/Camping weekend.  Todd and I both went, and camped for the weekend.  As usual we had a great time with all of our TKD friends.  I had hoped to actually train with the group on Saturday but I ended up spending more time helping out the Little Tigers (4-6yrs old), and a little bit of time leading the group (they had each of us 3rd degrees up teaching... of course not planned so I had to come up with something really quickly!).  Here's a few shots from the weekend!

Me in uniform

Almonte TKD Group Shot

Performing the pattern Chon-Ji

What do you do after training on a hot summer day?  Water gun fights of course!

This weekend I'm going into Road Warrior mode again (third weekend in a row, not sleeping in my own bed)!  This time, its for a stitchy weekend!  Yay!  Christin and I will be heading out to Kathy's after work tomorrow and staying until Monday where we're going to stitch, stitch, stitch!  I just hope my body doesn't betray me and I end up sleep, sleep, sleeping!  Bonnie and Rebbecca are also heading out to stay with Beatrice and during the day we're going to all meet up and stitch.  I've been so looking forward to this for quite awhile!  Stitching with some of my favourite people!

When I've had the energy/time to stitch I've been working on Art Deco Spirits.

I've got a start on the backstitching of the Earth block

I'm still plugging away at my fundraising (and training) for this year's CIBC Run For The Cure (for breast cancer research).  I've currently raised $315, thank you to all for your generous donations, each donation really warms my heart!  Click HERE if you'd like to make an online donation.

17 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your stitching. Looks like you had a great weekend. Have a lovely stitchy weekend.

Erna said...

Great progress, seems to me you had a wonderful weekend :)
Hugs
Erna

Christine said...

You certainly manage to cram a lot into your weekends.
Great progress on Art Deco Spirits

Kathy A. said...

Nice progress on Art Deco girl. Looking forward to this weekend too!

Giovanna said...

Love to see your Art Deco Spirits coming along - it's one of the just 3 Mirabilias that I'd ever consider stitching. She's very handsome already.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Can't think of a nicer way to spend a long weekend.
Be always in stitches.

Bette said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. And another stitchy get-together? How I eny you. Your Art Deco looks wonderful. Very pretty!

Alice said...

Nice stitching Dani. I know I feel a lot more frazzled when I don't get my stitchy time.

Lynn said...

Enjoy your stitchy weekend Dani and say hi to the gang for me. I've been stitching out on the deck here at the cottage and it's absolutely beautiful. Art Deco looks great. Hope you can finish her off this weekend.

Anonymous said...

A water gun fight is the perfect way to beat the summer heat!

Great picture of you and the little "warrior".

Bekca said...

Your WIP is looking brilliant and I hope you had a great time at your TKD weekend. Happy stitching.

Sally said...

Lovely progress Dani.

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend and enjoy the up and coming one too.

Casa Pearl said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned! Enjoy your time away from home - it makes coming back that much sweeter.

Brigitte said...

Have a wonderful stitchy and chatty weekend :)))

Lillie said...

That's a great TKD weekend. Art deco looking good.

Anonymous said...

Deco is looking wonderful - you're powering along :D Looks like TKD was a great weekend of entertainment too :D

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and a good one to come up, too! Love the Art Deco!