More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, August 15, 2011

Finally The Enchantment of Winter Update


I have been teasing you for weeks now about Enchantment of Winter and the progress I've been making on it during my summer vacation.  In the back of my mind I had a specific goal in mind, to finish stitching the over one section, this is a major part of this design as the Cathedral at the egg's center is ALL over one, with over one backstitching to boot.

Well last night around 9PM or so I was dancing!  I have finished all the over one stitching on the Cathedral... of course it has to now be back stitched but I'll leave that for another time.


I couldn't believe how nice it was to get back to stitching over two and not needing a magnifier anymore!  Not only was I stitching over one, but it was over one on 32ct linen.

I'll be putting Enchantment aside for a short while, hopefully tomorrow evening I'll have the time to start the wedding sampler for my longtime friend, Andrew.  The wedding is September 10th but I didn't pick anything too big or too complicated.

How about a PhotoHunt to round out this post?  As I'm now completely up to date for 2011, let's take look back at the themes I missed for 2010.  The theme on January 2nd was "lick".


This is my friend Ann's dog, Paddy.  She was being treated to an ice cream cone which she started with licking but once she got too the cone it was time to bite!!!

Sigh, its back to work for this girl tomorrow!

38 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Beautiful piece.

valerie said...

Wow, Enchantment is looking gorgeous! I can't believe all that over 1 on 32 count but the effect is so worth it!

Hope your transition back to work is smooth!

Anonymous said...

Enchantment is beautiful. I love those onion domes.

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning! Great job in meeting your goal!

Shebafudge said...

Wow! Looking amazing.

Unknown said...

Wow just out of this world!

Brigitte said...

Wow, this over one stitching looks stunning.

Kate said...

Simply stunning!

ollie1976 said...

Awesome job! Love the pic of Paddy.
-Jen

Lynn said...

Enchantment really is stunning Dani! You've done an amazing job so far. Except for the BS, the rest should be a piece of cake.

Jan said...

Enchantment is looking beautiful. Great job on the over 1.

Mouse said...

ohhhh it is stunning :) beautiful design and can't wait to see the back stitch on it tooo... love the photo as well :) love mouse xxxx

Bette said...

Wow! That is spectacular!

Carol said...

Oh, it is stunning, Dani--I had no idea it was such a giant piece. I really admire you for doing all that solid stitching--over one no less!! Amazing :)

natalysneedle said...

Love your progress pics! Your Winter piece is beautiful. I am sure you'll cruise right through the over 2 stitching.

Jenny said...

That is one fabulous piece! Your stitching is simply perfect; I am drooling over here. Now I have to go check out the rest of the designer's work... arrgh - visiting blogs is dangerous! LOL

Teresa said...

You should be very proud of your Enchantment progress. It is very lovely.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carmen said...

wow! enchantment is gorgeous!!!...oh i like the doggy photo.

Louanne said...

EoW is gorgeous! Paddy is a cutie pie! (so is her sister!)

Christine said...

Enchantment is absolutely stunning, enjoy your happy dance!

geeky Heather said...

EoW....*faints*

Gorgeous!!

Niina said...

Ooh wow, it is simply stunning! Makes me want to see it in real life and stitch it too! And thank you for visiting my blog and commenting!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful, amazing and fantastic!

Julie said...

Wow- your progress is amazing! How exciting to finally be done with the over one too.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, wow. The over one stitching is fabulous!!! It looks great Dani. Grats on meeting your goal! And a great photo to boot! I'm a big dog lover.

Beatrice said...

AWESOME...stunning... beautiful,,,I could go on and on..........

Melanie said...

(Okay let's try this again because my browser just crashed the first time around. lol Stupid buggy Firefox lately!!)

This is such an amazing piece!! It's so beautiful and I feel faint at how much intricate work you have put into it. It truly is stunning.

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on meeting your goal. It is absolutely stunning. Love the photo hunt picture.

Bekca said...

This is such a beautiful design Dani, it looks so good. Love the photo too. Best wishes to you.

Lisa said...

Wow, great progress on Enchantment, well done on meeting your goal on it.
Thanks for your comment on my blog as well, it means a lot to know that there are people who care and have missed my posts.

Sara said...

Enchantment is gorgeous!! You're making it more difficult for me to decide on a new start when I finally finish Celtic Autumn.

Sally said...

Oh wow Dani what can I say! Enchantment is just stunning! So so pretty :)

Casa Pearl said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous. The colors are so rich they pop off the screen. Patti

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the over 1, that's a great achievement and beautiful stitching!

Sharon said...

Wow! That looks awesome!

Felicity said...

Good gracious me that project is gorgeous! So is the dog, but I'm kind of partial to retrievers (having two labradors of my own).

Enjoy the new academic year!

Hugs

Aussie Stitcher said...

Enchantment is looking great Dani, the back stitching will only enhance it further, I've never done over 1 back stitching before.

Judith said...

It looks really beautifull