More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Take Time to Remember

This past week in Canada has been Remembrance Week.


Growing up Remembrance Day was always focused on the Veterans of World Wars I & II.  In the last few years Canada saw the death of our last surviving World War I Vet.  I know within my life we'll also see the last surviving World War II Vet.

In the last few years the Canadian Government has moved its focus way just these two wars to any wars, conflicts, and operations Canadian Soldiers have served in to our current members of the Armed Forces.

I am grateful for the men and women who serve this country so well.  Who protect us and maintain our reputation as the World's Peacekeepers.

I remember, do you?

6 comments:

Jan said...

Absolutely .....I kept my children home every year so they could go to the ceremonies in Ottawa....this year my son will march along with my beloved dad in Carleton Place...and we will be with my little granddaughters...rain or shine, as we stand with our vets young and old at the cenotaph. Thank you for your beautiful post and photo Dani.....

Mii Stitch said...

We remembered them to in UK today! A minute of silence at 11h wherever you are! For us, in a middle of a rugby pitch...

Julie said...

I have listened to the remembrance service on the radio this morning, very making it was too. X

Bea said...

Great post Dani. Thank you.

Anne said...

I'm so grateful too. Remembrance Day is an important day for our family. Lovely post.

Chris said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time as always. The ornament exchange is fabulous.