More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Even More Summer Adventures - Another Catchup Post



 Friday evening I left Beatrice's and headed further West on the 401.  Just a short drive away was Cobourg and Bonnie's house.  Since I was in the general area, I decided to see if Bonnie was up for a visit and she said to come on down, and that the Sandcastle Festival was on and the Summer Sidewalk Sale.

This booth was not only doing face painting but full body painting!

Saturday morning we started the morning with breakfast out at one of Bonnie and Blair's favourite spots before checking out the bustling sidewalk sales.  Surprisingly Blair was the only one who walked away with a purchase.

After an afternoon of hard work, stitching and watching movies Bonnie and I headed back out to the beach to check out the finished Sandcastles.  There was a mixture of Armatures and Professional Sandcastle builders and I have to say the armature work was quite impressive!

Professional Sandcastles





Amateur Sandcastles








Sunday was a little more stitching, then time for me to head back home.

21 comments:

Devon said...

Wow those are some awesome sandcastles..sounds like a fun weekend,,
Devon

Heather said...

Wow! Those sandcastles must have been really amazing to see. Great pictures, too.

sharine said...

The sandcastles are very cool and full body painting? My girls would be totally into that!

Anonymous said...

Swim, sandman! SWIM!!!!

Christine said...

Good grief those sandcastles are incredible!

Gabriele said...

Wow, I am impressed. The sandcastles are awesome!

Chris said...

very cool!

Bette said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do with ordinary sand? Very cool!

Vickie said...

Wow! What a cool day. That last one is scary!

Bonnie Brown said...

Awesome Pics Dani
It was great to have you down for a few days and I really enjoyed the break from my course :)

Annette said...

That are cool pictures.. my son loved it!1

Unknown said...

Its hard to tell some of the amt with the prof sand castles. You have the best adventures, thanks for sharing

Catherine said...

Another fun day! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

Great photos!! That last sandcastle with the shark is my fav. Not sure what that says about me. lol

Carla said...

WOW! Those sandcastles are amazing!

Shelleen said...

The sandcastles are amazing!

Mad about Craft said...

Amazing!!!!

Karen said...

Hard to tell the amateurs from the professionals! They all look so good!

ollie1976 said...

so what's the difference between the pros and the amateurs?
-Jen

Julie said...

Why isit when you see a sandcastle you just want to kick it down? These are spectacular.

Nic said...

Those are great. And I like a lot of those amateur ones better than the pro ones