More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Happy Dances AND August WIPocalypse!

I've had a few more stitching finishes over the last few days, and its time to share!

Such a hard life!
 
The first one was on Sunday while I was relaxing and stitching with Rebbecca at her family's cottage.  Its a nice meeting spot for us, as its half way from my place and half way from hers.  Convenient, meeting in the middle!
 Caleb had to show off the frog he managed to catch

 French Country Hearts II - Scandinavian Heart
c2011 JBW Designs
Stitched on 28ct Navy Lugana with DMC B5200

My second finish happened late last night, this was another one of my Crazy January starts (remember those 15 projects I started?  After last night's finish I'm down to 5 WIPs from all of those starts!!!!  Not bad for the start of the 7th month of the year!

French Country - Scardey Cats
c2010 JBW Designs
Stitched on 32ct Jungle Boogie Opalescent Lugana from Silkweavers

 This picture shows the sparklies much better!

Its that time again, time for a WIPocalypse update!  I'm sure I just did one of these didn't I?  So besides the two above Happy Dances since the beginning of July I also finished several more JBW ornaments and Spring Mandala




I've started the Summer Mandala, and almost got 1/4 of the outlining finished... well it least it will be by bedtime tonight.



Of course I keep plugging away at the Accolade.

July 8th
Today


34 comments:

Heather said...

Great finishes! I especially like Scardey Cats. The sparkly fabric really suits the design.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Dani, lovely finishes. I, too, like Scaredy Cats, I am really into French Country designs at the moment but I haven't seen that one before. So cute!

The cottage looks like a wonderful stitching retreat.

Becky K in OK said...

Love the halloween cats!!

Sara said...

Nice job this round, those mandalas are definitely on my stitch list!

Chelle said...

Awesome. I love the halloween finish!

Daffycat said...

Wow, you made excellent progress on so many things!

Karen said...

I LOVE that cute little Halloween design! Excellent stitching progress this month!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your view of the lake from your chair at the cottage is wonderful!

Congratulations on your finishes! I especially like the sparkly linen.

sharine said...

So many awesome finishes! Well done.

Devon said...

wow your needle should be smoking,,and how can you not relax with a view like that,,glad you found some stiching time..
devon

Anonymous said...

Great projects. What will you do with the mandelas? Do they get framed all together, or each one on it's own.

Lana said...

Love your finishes! And of course the progress photos! The Accolade is really coming along! Gotta love those huge ole' pieces! the mandalas are coming out beautifully too!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work, lovely location :) I love your Halloween piece

cucki said...

So many loveLy finishes...
Well done xxx

Christine said...

Great finishes Dani. Those mandalas are gorgeous

Kielrain said...

Lovely finishes. I think the halloween one is too cute. And I love seeing the progress on Accolade.

Giovanna said...

Lovely finishes, and very nice progress on the WIPs too - great going!

Sally said...

Fantastic finishes and WIPs. Your mandalas are gorgeous!

Chris said...

Awesome progress! I love the Halloween piece.
That looks like a slimy frog...eek :)

Vickie said...

Looks like fun at the cottage. The mandalas continue to be my favorite.:)

Anne said...

I love your view of the lake! Looks like you're having a wonderful time! The mandalas are so vibrant and beautiful. Tracy Horner is such a great designer!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. Love the scaredy cats finish. Great pictures from your trip. Lovely progress on your wips.

Unknown said...

Love those Halloween Cats, and the white on blue hearts -- wow, of course all your work is amazing, thanks for sharing

Shelleen said...

Great progress report and love the Halloween cats.

Julie said...

Scaredy cats is adorable!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What great pictures, I love all the designs you've been working on this month.

Annette said...

wow congratz on all the finished...
And also such a big WIP.. great job...
Your needles must be on fire

Melanie said...

Totally awesome!! Congrats on getting so much done! The Halloween cats are super cute.

ollie1976 said...

great happy dances! I love the hearts-simple white on blue-just beautiful!
-Jen

Unknown said...

Congrats on the finishes! :)

Marexstitch said...

Nice job on those WIPs and finishes. I somehow missed seeing JBW design. I have the Ink Circles on my to do list, yours look wonderful together.

Catherine said...

Pretty view to sit and stitch by! Looks like you have been very productive!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great progress love your finishes :D

valerie said...

Great finishes Dani! looks like you've been making great use of your vacation to stitch. Lucky girl! :)